Hi Everyone from MattJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone from MattJ

Hello, my first visit to site. I have had MS for many years. Diagnosed in college at U of Minn. Doc imedeatily put in hospital for 10 days of methyl prednisone 1 gram each day...I was all alone cried not knowing what what happening.
    Lots of changes in my life since then...mostly good...went back to school finished BS in biotechnology...Then went on to grad school and earned my doctorate in biochemistry from Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. After my defence, the first MS med came out...On my way to a post-doc in Vancouver, Canada, I started taking Betaseron. took for three years and had to drive to states to get monthly shots. I was lucky to still ski and climb a moantain...At that time I was able to play golf...Thing have changed..Have tried all different meds...no success except Ampyra is working well for me...
    I worked for several years but have retired now. Eight years ago I raised the best puppy dog. Black Lab, Emma. She helps me walk and always gives kisses...

Hello and Welcome Matt!
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi MattJ

Welcome! You've been dealing with this for a while! Glad you're joining us, you probably can help others with your experience...Welcome Matt
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Wahoo!

Hi Mattj,
        Thank you for posting, it has helped realise there is a life after diagnosis So I might get back to my running, I will be be able to continue working I might even climb a mountain
        Welcome and thank you for the uplift this morning (Irish time)

Comment

Hi Matt

welcome! I just joined this site a couple of weeks ago...I'm so glad I did. I am not currently dx yet, but been dealing with symptoms for about 2 years.

I just think it is good to be able to talk with other people and learn how they have handled certain things, or just to get a laugh.

Glad to hear your lab is taking good care of you!! Dogs are the best...what's her name??

Comment

Working...
          X