Hello everyone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone...

My name is Shelby, I'm 39. I have battled with Chronic fatigue ALL Summer long....thinking it was "hormonal".....it was nothing for me to take a 6 hour nap and still go to bed at a normal hour. Then in October I woke up paralyzed on my right side. I went to the ER and long story short I had 2 CT's, 2 MRI's, blood work done. I have 4 lesions on my brain...after my flareup (lasted for quite a few weeks) my fatigue has gotten "better" but I still have very sleepy days. I had a Spinal Tap done at Cleveland Clinic, it came back normal. They won't diagnose me. I am currently battling with on & off numbness in my legs and arms. Weakness in my arms and horrible back pain. I go back to Cleveland Clinic in March. I just want a diagnosis. I know it's MS. They said my MRI is consistent with MS, but won't diagnose me. I'm so confused! ..... any thoughts?

WELCOME SHELBY!!!!!!! it is great to have you here at MS world, but we are sorry you had to find us. MS has many mimickers and the doctors will want to rule out every last one of him before they make a diagnosis. The doctors at the Mellon center are very knowledgeable and you are in good hands there. We have a forum here called limbo landers and newly diagnosed, and they are very helpful with answering questions as they are going through exactly the same things. Good luck!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hl Shelby, welcome to this site, alot of understanding people here that have been where you are and understand what your dealing with. come here for support and ask questions, Take care Dale
      Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Hello and Welcome Shelbs!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Working...
        X