Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hi

Hi Everyone,

I have been very recently diagnosed with MS and I am somewhere between confused, frustrated and in total denial. I am a single Mum of two and am finding it difficult to take all the information in. I am hoping talking to other sufferers will help put some clarity around it for me
    I am looking forward to talking with you and understanding this as best I can.

Thanks

Hi KatK71

Welcome and sorry you have a reason to join us...you are in the accepting stages of having an illness (denial, anger, etc). I recommend you start one of the meds that hopefully will prevent you from getting worse.

Science has greatly evolved in the 25+ years since I was diagnosed. There are many different medications from which to choose.

My best advice is to eat right/healthy, exercise and continue to live your life as before and don't 'focus' on the MS...Stress is a big factor and makes things worse. I recommend Weight Watchers if necessary (I lost 75lb).

Take care and come back often, ask questions and offer suggestions...glad you're here
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Me Too

I was diaganosed this summer and it was allot to take in. I am on meds for it ,another pain but we have to keep it going. I am a dad who has already raised 2 kids and they are out of the house so I can't say I know what your going through but hang in there .. Keep a good attitude!

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, KATK71!!

Sorry that your dx finds you here, but you've come to the right place. Have you searched out the limbo landers and newly diagnosed forum here? There are many others just newly diagnosed who have the same questions and concerns as you do.

Please explore all forums as there is a wealth of info as well as many compassionate people here who all understand what it means to be on this journey with you.

To be confused, frustrated and in denial is a normal feeling right now for you!! We all have been there or are in that stage right now too.

We hope to hear lots from you. Don't be shy about asking questions.... that's how we all learn. Take care
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Welcome

Hi KatK71 glad you found us. This a great site for information, to vent, and get support. A lot of good information and good people. look forward to seeing your posts. Dale
          Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Thanks so much

Thank you much for your kind hearted posts. I haven't cried since I was diagnosed three weeks ago I just felt lonely and isolated. I have a wonderful supportive family and friends don't get me wrong but still it felt like I was starting a journey on my own... Your responses have made me cry tonight but in a good way, like a sense if relief that there are people who understand, a happy cry if that makes sense I am making my way around the forums and finding them very helpful. I do have lots of questions which I am sure will spill out over next few weeks, so much so you may be bored reading ha ha! Anyway thank you again for making me feel so welcome

Comment

I also wanted to say hi and wish you luck.

Getting a MS DX is a terrible, terrible thing but you've been offered some great advice here. My advice is to let it settle in, make adjustments then move on.
              Aitch - Writer, historian, wondermom. First symptoms in my teens, DX'd in my twenties, disabled in my thirties. Still the luckiest girl in the world.

Comment

Welcome

Welcome katk71. You will find the Members here to be welcoming, understanding and knowledgable. Let us know a bit about yourself when you can.
                Jen
                RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
                "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Welcome Katk71

I see that you are in Dublin...I went there on vacation when I was young (I live in Kentucky) I loved it there and everyone was so friendly.

This site is a good place to ask questions and to learn how other people have handeld things.

Wish you the best of luck!

Comment

Hello and Welcome Katk!
                    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Re: Dublin

Hi SaraL,

Yes Dublin is lovely, gald you had a pleasant visit Thank you for the good wishes! Kath

Comment

Ms. Kat,

Like you I was but very frustrated at first. Now I take a feisty outlook and say that this shall not beat or overtake me. Be strong be stubborn and be creative. Your children need their mom and mom needs them.

So yes, it can be frustrating at times, but those are the times to get stronger and reach new resolves.

Take Care And Move Forward!

Comment

Working...
                        X