My first day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first day

Hi all. My name is Dan and I live in Canton, OH, and today is my first official day living with MS. I am 27 years old, and I am originally from Wheeling, West Virginia. I say 'official' because I believe I have had MS for a long while now. My mother has been diagnosed with MS for about 15 years. About 5 years ago I experienced my first episode and have had three episodes total. I always told people I thought I had MS, but noone wanted to believe me. I finally got my diagnosis this morning. It was the result I expected, but not the one I wanted. So today is the first day of the rest of my life living with MS. To say I am not scared about the future would be untrue. I went on the web to try to find answers to questions that I don't even know to ask and found this site. I hope to meet people who were in my shoes at some point.

Sorry you are here, but you'll find tons of support here.

My first day was in Oct 2008 at the age of 37. Never any health problems before that, so it really it me out of the blue.

Stay strong and remember that life will go on regardless of your diagnosis.

There is much yet to enjoy about life and many great times ahead.

The MS struggle just makes everything else much more enjoyable.
    Diagnosed October 2008 with Relapse Remitting MS (RRMS).

Comment

Wish I didn't have to welcome you

Hi Dan.
      I am not a newbie.
      I wish I was, but I remember when I was dxd back in 1999, 3 days before Christmas. I was eager to find out as much as I possibly could and luckily I had the internet.
      The MSers I talked to back then saved my sanity.

I hope we can help you, if you need it.

I have to be honest and say I almost didn't reply to your post because you represent my biggest fear -- that my son will eventually come down with MS.

But sweetie, that is my problem and you deserve my support, because just like the rest of us you have been given this road to travel.

One thing I have learned about MS is that fear is not an option.

Comment

My MS Angels

Hello and Welcome Dan,

I'm also new here. I landed here through Internet research too. I find that this is now my one spot to get all the information I need in one place.

I've receive so much support here that everyone here, including the non-active members, I now refer to as My MS Angels.

Everyone who has ever posted anything has left footprints that I can refer to and learn to deal with all this.

I hope you find comfort here!
        When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Dan! Today is my first day on the site also, but I am still going thru tests. May I ask, do you feel relieved to put 'a name' to your symptoms??

Comment

Hey Dan, how are ya doing buddy? My name is Noah, I am 27 also, but unlike you I am sitting here with a "Probable" MS dx.

How long did it take you to get your dx? If you don't mind elaborating a little about your MRI, LP and symptoms I would really appreciate it.

Take care.

Noah

Comment

Working...
            X