New guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy

Hi everyone. I've been a shadow here for a while but decided it's time to make an account. I'm 25 and not yet diagnosed. They've done every weird test out there (including an LP, ouch!) and besides some tiny spots in the frontal lobe on an MRI, everything looks normal. My neuro said she ruling everything else out and that MS is a definite possibility. I have my final appointment with her tomorrow where she's going to go over everything and give me her opinion. Very nervous!

I could go into my symptoms but they are the same old story, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello!

Hi Jason87

Welcome! I'm very glad you posted, just sorry for the reason.

You will meet a ton of great people here, each with very different stories but all here for the same reason. This is a great place to ask questions and get information. Undoubtedly, someone will have gone thru or knows the answer to your questions. Or if you are having a bad day, we all know what you are going thru.

You said your neuro is still ruling out things. Just know that if they suspect MS it may take years for you to get an "official dx" like many of us here and know that we understand te frustration that comes with that.

I wish you good luck Jason87

Take care
    Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
    RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
    Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

Hello and welcome Jason!

Good luck at you appointment.
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Been there

Hi Jason

I know it can be frustrating, waiting for a dx. It took 3 years for me (I'm 24 now). It sounds funny but when I was officially told that it was MS I was almost relieved because at least the testing process was over and I could move on! Just hang in there and know that figuring out what's going on is the first step in fighting it.

Good luck. We're here for you.
        "We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...We must do that which we think we cannot." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Ashley, dx March 2012 (RRMS)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. To be honest I'd never wish for MS, my aunt has it and I've seen what it's done to her, but a part of me hopes it is. The fatigue, balance probs, and intense leg/finger tremors that make me feel like an old man are driving me nuts. It'd be nice to have an explanation/validation and possibly some sort of fix.

Comment

Working...
          X