New here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here...

Hello! My name is Ashley, I'm 24 y.o and dx in March '12 with RRMS. My symptoms started back in '09 with a numb big toe! I'm a (very proud) Penn State graduate with a BS in Political Science and a BA in English. Currently I'm not working, as I took some time off to deal with a difficult pregnancy. My incredible baby girl Peyton is now 7 weeks old. I also have two other "babies": my 3 year old dogs, Monster & Bear.

When originally diagnosed, I started Betaseron. After seriously elevated liver enzymes I stopped the treatment which was just in time since I found out about my pregnancy anyway. Immediately following my C-Section on 12/4 I had a relapse and agreed to the IV steroids which made me feel like a crazy person for two weeks and didn't do much for my symptoms.

At this moment I'm dealing with what is for me, the usual: insanely tired (compounded by a newborn), stiff and sore, numbness in my toes and tremors in my left arm. I don't take anything to treat these symptoms. I'm not on any disease modifying drugs at the moment but my neurologist has recommended Copaxon and I'll probably start soon, after a bit more research on my part.

I'm excited to be a part of MS World (though I'd be more excited to not have MS but that goes without saying). It'll be nice to have a battle ground on which to fight this thing and people who know where I'm coming from to fight it with. I'm looking forward to getting to know as many of you as possible!
    "We gain strength, courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face...We must do that which we think we cannot." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Ashley, dx March 2012 (RRMS)

Hi!

I don't have a lot of experience with MS (still in Limbo land) but I just wanted to say hi and CONGRATULATIONS on your new little one! Every stage if fun but the first smile, giggle, babbling is precious!

Take care!

Comment

Hello and welcome Ashley! Congratulations on the new baby.
      When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

Hi Ashley and welcome to the site. We are all here for each other so come here anytime. Dale
        Dale in NC, dx'ed 2000, now SPMS

Comment

Working...
        X