New to the site, not yet diagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site, not yet diagnosed

Finally, an active support forum. It took me a while to find one. So I'm Suzanne, but you can call me Q. I'm 24 ( quite young I know). So I've been having symptoms off and non for about 6 months now. And seeing my PCP just about every two weeks. The doctor isn't sure what's going on and is till thinking Fibromyalgia in the back of her mind but I have yet to see a neurologist yet. I finally get to see one this Wednesday. It's a bit nerve wracking because I am anxious for a direction to look in other than fibro. I'm leaning towards ms only because I'm not really having pain all over. And the weakness and tingling and odd sensations have sort of settled to the right side of my body. I will get into the nitty gritty in the "limbo" forum but for now I (brain fart, lost the train of thought).

A little bit about me. I am a live in caregiver for an awesome person. She is in her early 30s and is in treatment for severe Lyme disease. I help by cleaning he house, cooking, and taking care of the cats.

I'm glad to finally have found a support forum. I was getting quite discouraged when I couldn't find an active one.

~Q

Hello and welcome Q.

I just joined this week too and I think this site is awesome.
    When I can laugh at my experiences, I own them and they don't own me!

Comment

A lot of the other sites I found aren't busy enough to be useful. I'm glad that this place even has an active chat room. It helps to have someone to talk to when you're feeling extra down. Thanks for the welcome.

Comment

HI Q

I AM NEW HERE AGAIN. GETTING DIAGNOSED WITH MS FOR ME WAS A LONG PROCESS. I WAS DX'D ALMOST 13 YEARS AGO. I HAD NUMBNESS IN MY LEGS AND AFTER RULING OUT VITAMIN DEFICIENCIES AND OTHER METABOLIC CAUSES, MY GP SENT ME TO A NEUROLOGIST. AFTER SEVERAL TESTS HE DIAGNOSED ME (FOR CERTAIN) WITH MS. HANG IN THERE, AND TRY NOT TO STRESS TOO MUCH OVER IT. I KNOW IT'S NOT EASY TO DO. I GOT THE CALL AT WORK THAT I HAD MS! BEST OF LUCK!

Comment

Welcome to MSWorld, Q!!! We're glad you found us and good luck in finding some answers at your neuro appt. For some of us, it takes a long time. I hope it's not MS, but if it is, you've come to the right place. Ask lots of questions if need be. We're all in this boat together and we care.

And bless you for caring for someone else.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
          X