MS and Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS and Work

I was diagnosed in September of 2012 and I recently changed jobs. Do i need to tell the HR Manager about my condition?

No, it is your choice to disclose, when to disclose, and who to disclose to. You might be in a situation when you need to disclose if your sx interfere with your ability to perform your duties, if you require special accommodation in order for you to comfortably perform your duties, etc.

However, if you are performing your full role up to snuff, you have no legal obligation to disclose.
    20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

Read other threads in this section also because whether to tell and/or when is discussed often.

My opinion is not to disclose to my manager or HR until I need accommodations or to apply for FMLA but since I get my health benefits through my employers I have disclosed to the employee health department when I had my mandatory pre-work physicals.

Knock wood all three places I have worked and disclosed during the physical exam since being diagnosed have apparently kept that information confidential as they legally should.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
      X