No announcement yet.

need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flips, congrats on finding an attorney. It must be a relief for you to have talked with a professional and to have legal advice and representation. I'm feeling a bit of relief for you.

Good luck with the RWI meeting Monday.

Comment

update:had conference meeting with corp.hr,rwi,store manager,and manager.went well,got stool back temp.for 2 weeks,until my dr emails everyone,on full details on why I would need it.Keeping my attorney updated too,just in case.Thx again Irene

Comment

flip, good news! congrats on getting your stool back.

Comment

update

Got my stool back, from corp. in April. Now my employer wants me to dismiss my claim with EEOC. In a phone call from HR told me they were going to contact EEOC next week. According to my EEOC investigator, my employer has yet to answer there letter ,and failed for contact them, also no meeting or phone call is planned for my investigator to talk to my employer. What should I do? Please help

Comment

I don't really know how to advise you beyond notifying your lawyer and EEOC investigator for advice about how to handle HR in general, or what to do about their request that you drop your EEOC claim in particular.

If you plan to continue your EEOC claim, be prepared for the possibility that things could get more difficult at work. Document everything. Maintain your usual work ethic, and your record of being a reliable employee who performes job duties according to the high standards required by your employer.

HR's behavior is/will be under greater scrutiny for any kind of retaliation against you for filing an EEOC claim. They should be on their best behavior, avoiding even the appearence of retaliation against you until the claim is settled and after.

Here is a link to EEOC Facts About Retaliation:

http://www.eeoc.gov/laws/types/facts-retal.cfm

It seems this struggle is turning out to be a long one for you. I just want to encourage you to stay strong.

Comment

Help

6-13-2013 HR called me at home to get me to sign a form for dismissal of my EEOC claim.

6-14-2013 Started my shift today at 2 pm, less than 5 min. into my shift I was called into the Managers office by my supervisor. I felt strong to hold my ground,but felt the pressure to sign the dismissal form. I told them I wanted the weekend to think about it, so I can contact my attorney and EEOC investigator. I felt so alone, and had no one there in my corner. I signed the letter,cause I wanted to get out of there, I was suffocating. In my heart I wanted to prove that my employer was wrong,and yes they knew they were wrong.

My question is, Do I still have a case? or is something I need to discuss with my attorney asap?

Comment

It's probably not the first time this has happened to an employee as a result of filing an EEOC claim.

EEOC must be bit suspicious when they receive a request to dismiss an EEOC claim from the employer in a case. Even if not on company letterhead, the content is probably the best indication of who originated the request to dismiss. I'm fairly confident it's a tatic EEOC is familiar with, and one typically used by employers who engage in bullying, probably illegal, behavior.

I'm not an EEOC professional, but I would consider the circumstances suspicious, so don't despair. This tactic may result in your employer having dug the hole deeper, further damaging the case against them. It's probably not the wisest move on their part. Hang in there and don't lose hope. I'm sure EEOC is familiar with employers using intimidation, fear of retaliation against employees to drop EEOC claims.

You should continue calling EEOC, if possible leave a message that you were intimidated/pressured into signing a request to dismiss your EEOC claim, describe briefly what happened, leave your contact info.

Your previous attempts to contact EEOC in no way indicated a desire or intent to dismiss your claim. If anything previous, recent contact with EEOC suggests you felt pressured and needed their advice about intimidation from your employer to dismiss your claim.

I'm completely unqualified to offer legal or EEOC advice. All I have for now is encouraging words and what I consider practical advice to offer.

Comment

And yes, contact your Attorney asap and EEOC asap.

Leave brief, detailed message who, what, when, where and your contact info.

Comment

You may want to include the word URGENT in your messages. "This is an urgent message for ____. This is flipside, it's Saturday, June 15th, 2013, ??am/pm", provide a brief detailed message, who, what, when, where and why. Good luck

Comment

UPDATE

FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR ALL YOUR ADVICE.I'M GLAD I COULD COME HERE FOR SUPPORT AND ADVICE.

CONTACTED MY ATTORNEY AND EEOC,WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

Comment

Working...
                      X