No announcement yet.

New to MS (11/20) and struggling to get a handle on this Dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel very similar to wodita, yesterday I was having coffee with my sister in a cafe and there was a lady with severe disability sitting across the room. I could not think about anything except please let this not be my life. I know that's very selfish but I can't help it. I was only diagnosed in October and haven't really come to terms with this fully yet. Think I would like to be able to control my life and feel this is slipping away...

Comment

Hello Ladibabe...thank you for sharing with me...I am still struggling with my anxiety and depression...

I made the mistake of doing a little research on MS again and I think that was a mistake at this point for me....

It has triggered the anxiety more.....Now I am worried I have progressive MS.....My hand has not seemed to go back to normal yet and it has been several weeks...

I should have learned my lesson on research at this stage...I need to be selective until I come to grips with this thing...

So I have taken a few steps backwards and need to now convince myself that I cant worry about progressive and need to just keep my sights on RRMS and deal with that at this point.....

Gosh this this really tough for me!
      TONY

Comment

Hello Dart12....You are not alone!! as you can see from my posts I am with you....trying to make it through this Dx...

With these wonderful people here on MSworld, I have hope....

Lets keep in touch, we can get through this together!

Comment

I AM ALSO THE BREAD WINNER AND I HAVE HAD MS FOR 7YRS SO I KNOW YOUR FEAR AS YOU I WAS DX AT 46 YRS OLD I STILL WORK F/T AND STRUGGLE WITH MY MS SX. HANG IN THERE AND DON'T LET MS TAKE YOU OVER.

Comment

Originally posted by wodita View Post
            It has triggered the anxiety more.....Now I am worried I have progressive MS.....My hand has not seemed to go back to normal yet and it has been several weeks...

I should have learned my lesson on research at this stage...I need to be selective until I come to grips with this thing...

TONY
            Temporary relapses can last months. I had Foot Drop for over 6 months. Most of my symptoms stay for at least 3 months, and then gradually get better until I don't notice the problem anymore. Don't necessarily think you have a progressive form of MS simply because you have not yet recovered after several weeks.

I have had Myoclonic Jerking, poor balance, muscle spasms and twitching, and electric shocks for 7 weeks and have not worked in as long, and I am still hopeful that this is just temporary. (Actually, all the other sx besides Myoclonus was for the 3 weeks prior - so 10 weeks so far).

Keep a sx diary, so you can look back and see that some flares last longer than others, and you will hopefully be able to always stay positive that it is temporary, which will at least reduce your stress levels while you are going through it. And, well, if it never does go away, you will have adjusted during the time you were waiting for it to go away.
            20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

Thank you HellsBells1!! This makes me feel better...I thought the relapses were suppose to go away in a few day!!! I have noticed my thumb and pointer feeling more and more normal each day, so I am hopeful it wont be much longer!! I also am still stressed out over this so I kept telling myself that being stressed over this will just slow the process down.....

I hope your sx go away soon!!

Have a Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!

TONY

Comment

Tony, you have a great Christmas too, and try not to stress too much.

You will notice many posters on this site have relapses lasting months with RRMS.

I hope your sx go away soon too!

Helen
                20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

My first MS Support Meeting

Hello all,

Wanted to give an update on my progress. Thanks to all your support I have been managing my anxiety and depression to the point where I am feeling more in charge of myself again! Of course the lexapro and buspar are helping as well

I have had success establishing a weight lifting and cardio routing at my work Gym and have been surprised to find a few others with MS that go to the gym as well... This has definitely also helped my disposition...

Aside from MSWorld, I have been following ActiveMSers.. THis has helped give me the motivation to keep up with my exercise...

Thanks to JerryD I have begun taking a few vitamins including Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Magnesium, and a few others. I am sure these are also helping with making me feel better!

I finally started Copaxone and so far that has been very smooth...This has helped make me feel that I am actually doing something to fight the core MS disease.

Thanks to all of yalls advise, I did attend a MS support group in my area and that was a wonderful evening. I met some great people and did get alot of advise on dealing with some of my current Sx. I plan to continue to attend the get togethers.

While I am frustrated that my sx have not remitted still! I am becoming more used to them and am adjusting my actions to still function. I do hope that soon they start to decrease but if not I am feeling pretty good that if I keep these its not that bad and with the Copaxone I have hope that new ones wont show up for some time!

Thanks again for all of your kind words and words of advice and support.

TONY

Comment

Working...
                  X