Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constructive dismissal seems to underway

I think I've worked it out.
    They can't sack me until they have made all reasonable adjustments to my disability, but they can make it so difficult I will quit, just so long as they don't cross the line.
    Don't know where the line is, is the trouble.
    Really just a vent.

I've worked for a big media company in a very small office (five people) for seven years. They knew all about the MS when I got the job, as a badly paid journalist.

The media company (newspapers) is slowly going broke. Everything is being centralized and digitized so there 's no need for so many staff.

Ah, redundancy - my dream come true, but I'm not going to get the offer. The boss wants it and he's one rung higher up a three step ladder.

I get to do all the late night, have-to-travel, have to walk miles, stand out in the sun work. The other girl and my boss never leave the building. I may be exaggerating, but not much.

So, what with heat, fatigue, lack of balance etc, one might think I might be allowed one of the two car parks closest to the front door. One would be wrong.

Our office Christmas party is on the second floor of a pub. It's a wine-tasting party. When I said I don't think I can go to that, there was a lot of sighing and pouting, which did not improve when I said just go and enjoy it, I really, really don't mind not going.

When I close the door to block out the non-stop hysterical chatting, they react as if I was just being mean and nasty."What are you saying, we're too loud or something." Well, yes.

The office manager asked me for a list of all my medication. Um, that would a) none of your business, because I don't drive a work vehicle, and b) none of your business.

Sorry about that. At least I still have a job, such as it is.
Working...
X