Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my son freddy

Hi

My name is Bob and I am the primary caregiver for my son freddy who has primary progressive MS.

This is my 1st anywhere and am new to chat rooms/message boards.

Welcome Bob:

Glad you came. How are you doing? How is your son doing?
    You will find a lot of support here.

Take care
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Welcome Bob

glad you found us...this is a good place to ask questions, and get our opinions

my best to you and Freddy
      Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Hi Bob, you'll find lots of great info and support here. How is your son and how are you doing?
        Jen
        RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
        "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

wow, it took me 2 days to find my 1st post. (guess this indicates my condition.....ha)

freddy is doing well. we lost my beautiful wife last thanksgiving. she could not bear the stress of seeing her precious son go thru his disease. she prayed for him to have a happy dementia, which he does. we have hardly left the house since last year but 2 weeks ago i purchased a van w/lift and we are started to get out. Thank God! All goes very slow in our situation. as I tell my friends the head of the horse is gone and now the tail is running the show.

thank you for all your welcomes...it is great to share feeling with those in similar situations.....bob

Comment

Welcome, Bob~ We are really glad you are here. You are a God-send to your son, Freddy!

It's good to hear that you now have the van. May the roads you take with Freddy be full of fun and adventure. Getting out of the house will make both your worlds seen brighter.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. It sounds like you have been through a lot. Sending well wishes and prayers your way.. Tell Freddy his friends at MSWorld are thinking of him. Come back and visit us often and take care
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks Seasha

thanks Seasha

what is the easiest way to learn how to manuver thru this site?

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Welcome, Bob~ We are really glad you are here. You are a God-send to your son, Freddy!

It's good to hear that you now have the van. May the roads you take with Freddy be full of fun and adventure. Getting out of the house will make both your worlds seen brighter.

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your wife. It sounds like you have been through a lot. Sending well wishes and prayers your way.. Tell Freddy his friends at MSWorld are thinking of him. Come back and visit us often and take care

Comment

If you are talking about finding your own posts, there are a couple ways. One is to go to your User CP located on the furthest left hand side of the blue bar above. Your user cp looks like this http://www.msworld.org/forum/member.php?u=80279 You can find all posts that you have by clicking on "find all posts by Bob-Freddy.

The other way is to do a Search (also located on the blue bar - third from right) You type in your name here and it will also find your posts.

You can also use the advanced search given to look up different subjects.

I like to click on New Posts to see what the newest posts are each time I come here.

Other than that, enjoy exploring all forums! There is a lot to learn and good luck on your searches! Hope this answers your question. If not, ask away again
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hi Bob!

I'm sorry to hear about your wife and son, but am glad you've come here. I hope you get some much needed support and info here. The people here are great!

My heart goes out to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 22cyclist View Post
                    Welcome Bob:

Glad you came. How are you doing? How is your son doing?
                    You will find a lot of support here.

Take care
                    Lisa
                    Thank you Lisa,

sorry it took so long to reply...you know how things get.

I appreciate your comment.......freddy is doing well and I am slowly learning to be the sole caregiver for our son......

Comment

thanks Lisa

freddy is doing well, I am learning to be the sole caregive for him and it is pretty lonely.............

sorry it took so long to reply but you know how times flies by...............

just saw a good movie about the outbanks in NC, Kevin Costner, Message in a Bottle........was very good....

we are in colorado and the weather will be in the 60's this week, great for January!

lisa is our daughters name....................

good luck to you, have a Blessed week

bob

Comment

Hi Bob

Just wanted to say hello from one caregiver to another - It sure is hard to be a sole caregiver sometimes right?

Your son is lucky to have you with him , I am sorry to read that your wife passed. I bet you both miss her dearly !
                        Peace ~~ Kat

Comment

hi

thanks Kat

yes, she is missed more than I can say.......

what is your caregiver situation...

bob

Comment

hi bob
                            maybe u need to be speaking to my mom and my son, my 2 caregivers.

i know almost how your wife felt. i thank God every day that i am the one with this disease and not my son.

i have to admit that i don't know how you feel. i see my mother (who is almost 70) and my son (who is 16) struggling to take care of me and it is very painful.

know that your son appreciates everything you do.

Comment

Working...
                            X