"More confluent involvement"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"More confluent involvement"

Anyone know what this means on an MRI report? This was my cervical or thoracic- can't remember! It said something along the lines of "more confluent involvement..." something or other. I don't see anything that specifically says I have increased the size of any lesions or gotten new ones, but that line sounds like I have a mass of spots or something.

I had a new one in my brain so hoping that is the only worsening in my first year post-Dx. I already have so many lesions, at this rate I will just be one big lesion by the time I"m 50.

Originally posted by newbie but goodie View Post
    Anyone know what this means on an MRI report? This was my cervical or thoracic- can't remember! It said something along the lines of "more confluent involvement..." something or other. I don't see anything that specifically says I have increased the size of any lesions or gotten new ones, but that line sounds like I have a mass of spots or something.

I had a new one in my brain so hoping that is the only worsening in my first year post-Dx. I already have so many lesions, at this rate I will just be one big lesion by the time I"m 50.
    Confluent basically means the small lesions are bunching up to make a large one. Take it however you want. It is hard to say if the small lesions are just larger and making a confluent bunch, or you have more lesions. It is a good question to ask your neurologist when you see him/her as they can see the MRI.
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X