"FRANKENSTORM"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frankenstorm more advice.

In Katrina they advised that you use a large,permanent black magic marker and put your social security number on your forearm in big numbers. That if you are in a risk area and decide to play it out in a risk they will be able to identify your body and notify your relatives of your death.

I think that the same advice goes here. Sorry to be so harsh but if you decide to play the guess/risk game in a dangerous area because of pride or the or the coziness of your own home make it easy for the "First Responders" and your family to get on with life without wondering if you will be found.
    Dave
    "Journeyman"

Comment

Originally posted by Panegyric View Post
      . Damn hurricanes.. the sad part is the floridian in me is thinking "well thank god this isn't happening to me in FL in August when the heat during a power outage would likely kill me" heh.

Do take care everyone! Sending good thoughts to you and your families.
      Hope everyone stays safe and listens to the authorities and evacuates if need be.

I'm a Floridian too, rode out so many storms in my life, but once the MS hit, it does call for different priorities. I could not function in FL heat without AC, so we have a generator, and a window unit stored. When we do lose power and can't use the central AC, we put the window AC in one room, run by the generator, and that's where I "live."

And I've read that the barometric pressure with this one is going way down. Even here, where we had nothing but a little wind (and we were far away from the storm being on the Gulf Coast) our barometer yesterday was low. I can always tell by how I feel, then I go check a weather website for barometric pressure and sure enough it'll be low.

Everyone stay safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Panegyric View Post
        Its crazy here too.. south MA. I'm a floridian as well and I've been skeptical about the coverage of the storm.. but in the end I bought my supplies and am begging nature not to smite me..

on a semi related note.. any of you having issues with the seriously low pressure the storm has going on? I am in so much pain its scaring me. Damn hurricanes.. the sad part is the floridian in me is thinking "well thank god this isn't happening to me in FL in August when the heat during a power outage would likely kill me" heh.

Do take care everyone! Sending good thoughts to you and your families.

YES YES YES.... I am in sooooo much pain I was up a lot last nite and now it's unbearable. I am in southern NJ ( 30 miles outside of Atlantic City) . We are getting slammed with wind and rain it's a miracle our power is still on.

Is the pain from the barometric pressure?
        Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
        RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
        Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

sandy winds!!!!

Sandy came....I am in va. Bch....wind, rain, flooding...however am very grateful....all is well!!! With storm came this new numbness....do not know if weather related...

Comment

Prayers to all affected.
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

HOW IS EVERYBODY?

In Tampa really feeling for all you up in the NE. CNN showed you guys got so slammed and still are.

I am not the official check-in person but just wanted to know if you are OK and how the storm affected your MS.

Take care. I am sure everybody in the the US and some of our friends around the world are watching, hoping and praying for you.
              Dave
              "Journeyman"

Comment

My sons and family plus MIL and SIL all live in NJ and NY. No one has power, but are safe. Thank God for text msg. they all live within miles of each other and can't get in touch with one another via phones. Strange that some can only txt to us (on the west coast!) and we in turn pass on the txt to whomever.. very strange! My txt msg is full now and have to delete - all within 4 hours!

Hope everyone is OK. Horrendous aftermath
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

All left Jman...

Even far inland here in mid Michigan, COLD and WINDY (up to 74mph per local TV) here. We have had wind, rain, sleet etc, quite a nasty mix of weather.

Phrase 4 2 day........ Better SAFE, than Sorry!

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

How's everyone?

Was thinking most of the night about you guys on the coast..hope all is well. Take care and know people are thinking of you!!

Comment

Originally posted by seal View Post
                      Was thinking most of the night about you guys on the coast..hope all is well. Take care and know people are thinking of you!!
                      Thanks Seal!! It really does mean alot to know that people are thinking of us. I was up as well but because I was too afraid to sleep. The wind was howling like a train and I was afraid the neighbors tree was coming thru the bedroom.

We live 40 miles from Atlantic City. I thank my heavenly father. We didn't lose power and everyone in our family is safe. The devastation that alot of families around me is hard to even grasp.

The sun WILL come out again and shine over this great state and we WILL come out ok.
                      Sx's 5/1996 Dx'd 9/2011
                      RRMS- Betaseron, Copaxone, Tecfidera, Aubagio
                      Hope is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without words, and never stops at all

Comment

I was fortunate, didn't lose power, over a million other people did though. It was a crazy experience.

Back to normal this morning, work made me come in. Yipee.

Hope everyone's loved ones are safe!
                        Diagnosed: May 2012
                        Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
                        Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Goodbye Sandy

Boy am I glad that is over. Alliesmommy I can totally relate to all the scarey noise, it was howling out there. I live right on a tidal salt marsh and I have never seen the tides (3 in all) that high. The water got up to the apple trees but given that our foundation is made of concrete and steel I beams I felt safe (well sort of).

We did lose our power and "they" are saying it may be a week to 10 before we get it back 😖 drats! I did get the expected Migraine but I was prepared

I truly hope that everyone else faired well. - M
                          M.
                          A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't even begin to understand what the people along the coast are going through. I live in PA and my biggest concern until last night was how long would I lose power for. Then 2:45 AM came with aloud bang from over my bedroom. When I opened my attic door water was gushing down the stairs and I was being rained on, half of my roof was gone, totally ripped from my home. My husband and I ran around emptying large plastic bins so that we could collect the rain water. Needless to say I have thousands of dollars worth of damage from water gushing through the floor, through the
                            2nd floor ceilings and down the walls, not to mention all of our personal possessions that inhabit my 3rd floor. When we did what we could I sat on my bed and cried, I was still crying this morning until I saw the devestation along the coast.

My home can be fixed, they tarped it today and the roof will be back tomorrow, my walls and ceilings can be replastered, our clothes can be replaced, I don't need to start over.

Inspite of my horror last night, I still have a home, 99% of my possessions and I don't need to start over, I feel truly blessed and pray for all who have suffered so much more.

Comment

just a quick call from australia, have been watching the reports about the natural disaster that it unfolding over there- my thoughts are with you and hop that you have gotten through the sstorm itself, can only hop that it does not take too long to get things back on an even keel.

this is the kind of thing i worry about since having MS, being wheelchair dependant(power chair), living alone with no family- the very thought of this kind of thing scares the wits out of me! i hope you are all safe. that your families are safe and that things are improving

Comment

Working...
                              X