"Midnight Migraines"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Midnight Migraines"

I was very tired last night. I went to bed early. I fell asleep quickly. I was bloated. We had pizza for dinner. It made me very thirsty. So I wasn't very comfortable but no pain. So what happened in my day that would cause me to get a "midnight migraine"? * Have any of you had this happen to them? It doesn't happen often but when it does it is a killer! It's one of those migraine where you are sound asleep and awakened in severe pain. My head hurts so bad that I hold it while I walk to get medicine. I feel like if I don't hold my head it will explode! Last nights migraine was one of my worst. Can someone explain how a migraine can happen while we are sleeping? Those I have determined are the worst migraines. I can't remember a migraine during the day where I had to hold my head while walking to get medicine in my bathroom. I often wonder wonder if a bad migraine could be when a lesion is being formed? It just seems like a lesion can't just appear without some pain. Does anyone know anything about this?
    Tonight my husband and I were talking in the living room. I had one of those sudden bladder dam breaks. I got up and I was out of breath. *I was trying to get to the bathroom as quick as I could. Being short of breath I couldn't do my usual "mermaid walk". I was moving slightly slower and I seemed to have a swagger to my walk with my knees still staying locked together! My husband started busting up laughing. I had to stop walking and grab the dining *room chair in order to try and catch my breath, laugh and try not to urinate on the floor! It was absolutely hilarious! So I catch my breath and continue on to the bathroom. My husband followed me laughing. I come out of the bathroom laughing. My husband looks at me. I said "sometimes I just crack myself up"! He said what's so funny. I said ( ok some of you may laugh and some may say gross). I said you know my "pee pads" are not cheap. So when I go to the rest room I almost always have leaked. Well I can't change it with every drop I do. I gauge it by smacking or feeling the pad from the bottom of my underwear. I basically am weighing it!! Lol *We started to laugh. I know maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" things...but it was frickin funny to the both of us!!*
    It was a funny end to another stressful day at Kaiser from doctors appointment to test after test. We both just have to put our faith in GOD's hands.*

I hope you all have a great day and don't forget to laugh!*

Midnight Migraines.

I use to get these quite often. I can tell you one thing for sure my Doctor said that I need to lay of the sugars and even more so at night. I want to let you know that pizza is a high source of sugar and processe foods that can raise your blood sugar. High blood sugars can cause a sever migrain in MS patients. I try to go for a walk every night after I eat so I can work off some of the sugars in my system before going to sleep. This has proven to help with the migrains.

Comment

Christine, I hope the test results will be ok. I read some of your blog (will read more too!) and I have to say that with all your health issues (maybe your husband's too) you have been so blessed with the gift of laughter, even more so because you share it with others and make us laugh as well. I really admire you for this. I tried to sign the guest book but I couldn't get in.

I am looking forward to reading more of your blogs! I hope you have a peaceful weekend.
      Jen
      RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
      "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Thanks Jen!! I will look into why you could sign guest book. You can post a comment and I can the publish on my blog for others to read.
        Thanks again!!
        Christine

Comment

Sleep Apnea?

My midnight migraines turned out to be hypoxia (lack of oxygen) due to sleep apnea. I now use a CPAP machine nightly, and have not had one since.

Comment

Thanks for the story and your wonderful way of laughing at it. Don't let anyone else know that from time to time, we actually "enjoy" these symptoms.
            Good luck with your migraines. For a couple of years, I had to avoid cheese, chocolate and alchohol. Fortunately it ran it's course.

Comment

Jayjee,
              Thanks for your comment. If I had to give up cheese and chocolate.....then I would die!! Lol alcohol no biggie I don't drink. Lol
              Thanks again
              Christine

Comment

Working...
              X