Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of legitimate ways to make money at home?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christine209 View Post
    Does anyone have anyway the have or can make extra money legitimately from home?
    I just had to say that I love the way you phrased your question by adding "legitimate ways" to make money at home.

I also happened to be very interested in what advice others had to give on the subject, though, so not just picking on you.

I even passed along something someone suggested to my brother. He's out of work, and is limited to what he can do. He injured himself 2 Christmases ago (right around this day); the last time we visited down here. It was such a bad leg injury (all from slipping on hidden ice under snow, while getting out of his truck), he was unable to go back to work without a medical release for about a year AFTER he finished his rehab.

He just found a job about a month or less ago, and lost it. I don't think he and the boss got along well (has been explained to me that the boss was hard to get along with). Around here (rural eastern NC) jobs are really scarce; esp. if you don't have a college degree. He tried to go back to school, but was denied b/c "the powers that be" that would have allowed for him to go back to school claimed that his unemployment was taxable income.

So....little sister has been skimming online for things on his behalf; even though he can (and is) looking, as well.

So...THANK YOU for your thread!
    -Sherry

Comment

Originally posted by slowdog View Post
      I am going to try being a freight Broker through One Horn Transportation they have a training course of 6 months at $150.00 you will need a computer and DSL and a smart phone and you get paid by the load 50% of commission around 1 $150.00 per load http://onehorn.com/agents/agent-training-program
      Slowdog,
      I copied/pasted both this post and your other one and emailed it to my brother. I hope you don't mind, but he's been out of work (and antsy) for a long time. He's been a truck driver for years, but was injured 2 Christmases ago (I think to the day - 27th or 28th). He slipped on the ice stepping out of his truck at a delivery location, and the next thing he knew he was in agony. He'd completely torn his tendon from his kneecap; had a "floating kneecap."

After a LONG time of rehab, collecting unemployment (and having to go through a lawyer b/c the company was run poorly and going bankrupt), awaiting an ok from the doctor to return to ANY kind of work for a YEAR after rehab was done....he finally was able to find a job and lost it almost as fast. Sooooo hard to find work around here (southeastern NC); esp. if you don't have a degree. Can drive a man to depression/frustration when he wants to work, but can't.

Sooooo....THANK YOU for your post. I hope it works out well for you. I don't know if my brother will be interested or not (esp. if he needs to put money into it, at first), but I thought it worth passing along. Wishing you the best!
      -Sherry

Comment

Due to the number of spammers to this thread, I am going to close it. Good luck to you, Christine209, on finding a profitable and legitimate work-at-home business!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
        X