Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of legitimate ways to make money at home?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of legitimate ways to make money at home?

Does anyone have anyway the have or can make extra money legitimately from home?

Christine I just posted on this very topic. I posted in General Questions forum so they relocate it. Look for it. It is about Mystery Shopping. Post title is A LITTLE OFF TOPIC BUT INTERESTING THOUGHT.
    Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
    Babe Ruth

Comment

If you would like the information I have found on it feel free to e-mail me. I will be gald to send you links to all the legitimate sights I have found. The address is in my profile.
      Dx'd 4/1/11. First symptoms in 2001. Avonex 4/11, Copaxone 5/12, Tecfidera 4/13 Gilenya 4/14-10/14 Currently on no DMT's, Started Aubagio 9/21/15. Back on Avonex 10/15

It's hard to beat a person that never gives up.
      Babe Ruth

Comment

Working at home.

I'd google it; skip the ads for stuffing envelopes. However, I've had friends who worked at home. One gal ordered flowers for various florists. She had to be in touch with growers around the world.

Then there are home shows, but those get old (candles, tupperware, etc).

One friend makes Jewelry and has a home show where people can try it on.

Another person did home embroidery (took an initial investment to get the sewing machine).

How about a shop on Etsy.com or E-bay. The only thing you have to do then is mail your items you sell, but someone could do that for you.

Avon can be a home job; you just put the catalogs in the door each season.

Baking for busy moms...cupcakes for kids to take to school.

One of my friends bakes cakes for special occasions; the people come to her and pick up the cakes when they are done.

Dog or Cat sitting?

Alterations (depends on how mobile you are).

Good Luck; hope you get some good ideas.

Diane
        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. I am thankful!

Comment

Christine -- We moved Waydwnsouth1's post to the Employment forum also. You can find it here:
            http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=122607

~ Faith
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Try Apple.com and their Apple at Home Advisor positions. They don't require that you know a lot about computers, but do want those experienced in GREAT customer service.
              Echo
              DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

I know someone who works from home for an insurance company as a health coach. Which makes me wonder about those people who call you from the MS drug companies to check on you, etc., or who sign people up for their assistance programs.

Surely having someone with MS would be a plus in one of those phone jobs?

Comment

An online site that you can visit is:
                  http://www.wahm.com/forum/index.php

I used to post in the forum for day care providers about 10 years ago, when I ran a licensed day care home.

WAHM has many legitimate opportunities.
                  +++ But ..., you'll have to sift through them, and use some discernment. Some are multi-level marketing companies, which have some negative aspects to them. And, some "opportunties" certainly could be scams. But, don't rule everything out. There are many people who do, successfully, begin their own businesses and work from home. Or, they find someone else to work for.

If you click on the WAHM "Home" tab, you'll find links for helpful articles.

~ Faith
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am going to try being a freight Broker through One Horn Transportation they have a training course of 6 months at $150.00 you will need a computer and DSL and a smart phone and you get paid by the load 50% of commission around 1 $150.00 per load http://onehorn.com/agents/agent-training-program

Comment

Just my 2 cents... I do not think jobs that charge a fee are worth anything. The only people that will make money are the people charging the fee.

If it sounds too good, it usually isn't.

I'm sorry, but you should keep looking.

Comment

SlowDog -- I agree with ijustcallit. Keep looking.

Originally posted by ijustcallit View Post
                        Just my 2 cents... I do not think jobs that charge a fee are worth anything. The only people that will make money are the people charging the fee.

If it sounds too good, it usually isn't.

I'm sorry, but you should keep looking.
                        ~ Faith
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Ok I thought a lot about it voch rehab is paying for it they had us call the better business bureau in New Jersey and they said there was no problems with them,I need to chance it to get some training all the other schools and things are in the thousands of dollars so I am trying to save the tax payers money,I have been a truck driver a warehouse worker so i already know the business and that truckers hate brokers because they are the middle man taking some of their money.

To be completely honest I am just sick of searching for online work so this was the most appealing to me and my back ground so thanks for the advise and I did think the same thing at first so yes I am looking into being ripped off and being disappointed in this decision but what the hell the government spends billions on needless things.

Comment

Although jobs that charge a fee are generally a red flag, you did your homework by checking with Voc Rehab and the Better Business Bureau. Hopefully, it will work out for you. And, if it doesn't, it sounds like you are prepared to take a risk.

Best wishes!

~ Faith
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

very informative. good

Comment

Working...
                              X