Kidney's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kidney's

It looks like I WILL BE GOING TO Mayo's for a workup on my kidney problems There appears to be severe difficulties but the cause appears to be hiding in the trentches. I am lookinf forward to getting some answers.

Lois

I am scheduled for Johns Hopkins in September - my kidneys was the final factor that pushed my PCP into wanting me to go somewhere, either a local nephrologist or Johns Hopkins. They have me scheduled for neuro, ENT, infectious disease and nephrology.

My PCP thinks it is yet another autoimmune disease.

Comment

I have been having kidney issues as well. My endo (diabetes) thinks the kbean docs at the VA "should" look into an AI possibility issue based on previous labs. He said the VA neph could contact him about it. The VA neph said NO way Jose, he was going to assUme it was the diabetes despite great control, far better than the VA's sloppy std.
      The VA neph said he would sent my endo a note letting him know to basically butt out.

I have been sent to both renal clinic and urology at the VA by my VA-MS (for neurogenic bladder sx & VA-GP for renal function loss , and both have been a waste of time.

I had more serious issue a few days after the last urology clinic and had to get in to a NP at a non VA clinic. One quick bladder scan and it was instantly a lesson how to self cath, my PVR was triple the NIH limit. And also scheduled for bladder testing a couple weeks later. I am now scheduled for stricture surgery in Oct, but told it should help make thing easier but will likely still have to self-cath.

Maybe if I am lucky that might help with the kidneys?? who knows??

BTW NIH/PubMed (gov web site) states that a PVR of 100ml or more can cause kidney damage. I have been getting some PVRs much higher, like 180-280 and even over 300.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

kidneys

My neurologist is the one who is pushing me to go to MAYO'S TO HAVE MORE TESTING DONE. I didn't care for him at first but he does seem to be on the ball.

The last time I saw the nephrologist he told me things were normal. My blood tests were normal but my
        body told me nothing was normal.

I do not even dribble anymore. I depend completely on self catherization. I am developing sort of a pattern. For several days there will be a small amount of urine and gaining 7 - 8 pounds, then a day with no urine then a few hours of constantly going using self catherizationand then it starts all over again. I can't help but wonder what happens when I don't have those few hours.

Lois

Lois

Comment

Working...
        X