Renal Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renal Failure

Yesterday I got papers from my insurance Company to fill out regardinbg renal failure. I have been having renal problems but I don't think my Doctor would have said anything about renal failure. I hope they are not trying to get out of paying medical bills. Have any of you had thisn type of thing happen to you?

Lios

r

Don't assume the worst, but you can call the MS Society for advice.

What sort of papers are they? It may be that they're evaluating whether you will need dialysis, which is a major expense. Maybe they will put you in a special program, or maybe they want to make sure that you aren't eligible for the government or some other company to pay.

I don't know anything about this in particular, but know in general it's good to do research (which you're doing) before drawing a negative conclusion, but still proceeding with caution. Someone else is bound to have more experience, but that's my guess.

Comment

As I understand it, medicare kicks in automatically, w/o the 24month wait in cases of renal failure. So, at that point you would be instantly eligible for medicare. (& off the ins co books so to speak, I think?).

You might want to research medicare and renal failure to get the straight scoop.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Working...
      X