Voiding problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voiding problems

For many years I have had problems with uninary incontinence. Recently I haven't been able to go at all. I was getting fatter and fatter feeling I could pop at any time. Stomach and chest was very tight. My doctor sent me to the emergency room. The first thing they did was take blood tests. When the test results came back the emergency doctor said there was nothing wrong. The test results were normal. That kinda irrated me. so they did a scan after which they inserted a foley. I completely filled the foley and more was still coming. The doctor came back later and told me they were keeping me in the hospital and that a nephrologist and nurologist would be coming to see me. I went home a few days later with instructions to self cath regularly and two prescriptions.

When I got home I started leaking constantly so kept myself well padded. I quit one prescription and that stopped. Now I do self cath regularly and get a little but still put on lots weight. After a few days I start going constantly for several hours then it starts all over again.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Lois

Hi Lois,

Sorry for your problems. Doesn't that infuriate you when at first they dismiss your issues in an ER, then have to come back later and admit, yes there is a problem. (it's happened to me a couple times, not same issues, but who would make a voluntary trip to the ER unless they had a problem...plus you were told by your physician to go.)

The fact that you produce a little urine sometimes and lots at other times, needs to be reported to your doc. Sounds like you might be retaining fluid and then, for whatever reason, you start eliminating it.

I'd definitely put a call into the doctor and explain to him what's happening.

Hope you get some answers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1936siol View Post
      For many years I have had problems with uninary incontinence. Recently I haven't been able to go at all. I was getting fatter and fatter feeling I could pop at any time. Stomach and chest was very tight. My doctor sent me to the emergency room. The first thing they did was take blood tests. When the test results came back the emergency doctor said there was nothing wrong. The test results were normal. That kinda irrated me. so they did a scan after which they inserted a foley. I completely filled the foley and more was still coming. The doctor came back later and told me they were keeping me in the hospital and that a nephrologist and nurologist would be coming to see me. I went home a few days later with instructions to self cath regularly and two prescriptions.

When I got home I started leaking constantly so kept myself well padded. I quit one prescription and that stopped. Now I do self cath regularly and get a little but still put on lots weight. After a few days I start going constantly for several hours then it starts all over again.

Does anyone else have a similar problem?

Lois
      It would be good to get an appointment with a urologist so they can fully evaluate your bladder issues by urodynamics. This testing can show how your bladder contracts, relaxes, and how much residual urine it holds in after being filled up maximally in a controlled setting.

Your PCP or Neurologist can get you a referral on an emergency basis as it seems as if you need one.

I have to self-cath, and it can be a feast-famine cycle as with anything in RRMS. Please also have them check you for a UTI.

Make sure you are pushing the catheter a little further in after your stream stops when cathing, this allows for any residual to empty. Slowly pull the catheter out as this also allows residual to come out. (You probably were taught this).

If you continue to leak off and on despite stopping your medications, you definitely need a urology appointment.
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

for help

I started having problems with leaking in my 35s after the childbirth. It was very tired to take care of the baby and the family. But what mostly embarrassed me is the incontinence problem. My doctor advised that I should do Kegel exercises. I tried it, but there is not any improvement. Actually, the Kegel exercise is not difficult, but how do you know you're making any progress and, honestly, it's something that is easy to forget. Nothing seemed to help me until I tried XFT-0010 Pelvic muscle trainer. It is amazing! That little gadget has really helped me a lot. My urinary incontinence disappeared in 3 months after the training! I would like to recommend it for you if you are suffering the same problem like me.

Comment

Working...
        X