New, diagnosed 8 hours ago. Scared but trying to stay positive. Sorry so Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gina,

Beware that you can scare yourself silly if you do too much research right away (that´s first hand experience). If you do have MS, you have a lifetime to learn about it.

The first steps are the testing and the choosing of DMDs if you go that route (highly recommended to intervene). Check out the UK MS site, Terry Whals, Jelinik in Australia and the Canadian MS site in addition to the US ones as they have different approaches. The UK site has a great tutorial for choosing meds. The nutrition link on this site is great. I found that going dairy and gluten free is worth it. For me, the non-dairy is key (I do eat eggs).

The lumbar puncture is likely unnecessary if they know you have MS and hey, it saves you from that procedure and in retrospect, knowing I have lots of bands is something I´d love to be ignorant of.

Be sure they test for B12, D3, gluten- coeliac, HIV, Lyme, Srojrens (sp?).

If it is MS, take heart that BG 12 is supposed to get the thumbs up at the end of this MONTH and that another new DMD is expected by the end of Dec. of this year. Progress IS happening and stem cell trials are up to phase III.

Hugs,
    Temagami

Comment

Working...
    X