Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running from The Cure..anyone seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is all the great things MMJ does for MS !!!

I am also copying a lists lots of medical journals from the site for easier reading. If it is denied here, I apologize as I can not change policy. It is good reading though.

Rosepetals - it is obvious that you feel very passionate about this subject, but it is unfeasible that the staff here can check these hundreds of URL's. I could suggest that you select 3 of the most important ones that relate to MS. Thank you.

Seasha
    MSWorld moderator/co-administrator

Comment

I agree, it was more of a promotional video. I struggled with validating it per MSWorld rules that it was not from a medical site. I could not find the original 2007 study done by Harvard Medical School. If someone could find it and post it, it might strengthen the case.
      Ooops my mistake, I have messed up the link again. That clip was with the extract from the harvard study. I will Try and find a link to the whole Harvard Study, but in the mean time have a look at the Brave Mykayla story it has all her lab reports at intervals documenting her recovery. The link is in my profile.

Here is another good one about Laboratory/Animal/Preclinical Studies.
      http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...essional/page4

Also this one on, Cannabinoids and Cancer: Pros and Cons of an Antitumour Strategy.
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1617062/

But if you are saying you will back up your comments, which I respect and think we all should do, why would you go on and say it isn't your job to do all the work? If you put it out there, imo it is your job to support it.
      Of course it is not my job to do ALL the work, I believe I have provided a number of good links for you that does support what I have been saying, your job, is to then go and look into it yourself I am still researching and when I come across interesting facts that I think may interest MS World I will post those as well. But it is up to you to either follow those links or disregard them, I can only make you aware of what I have found, the rest is up to you.

What is frustrating is when I do put alot of time and effort into finding said links, only to have someone make negative comments without even looking at the evidence. As I have said previously, by all means have an opinion, but please make it an educated one.

Cheers
      Kathy
      2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Wally8, thank you for all the support. Too often I don't post as my heart is in alternative medication and treatments vs. modern medicine.
        rosepetals you are welcome, and I am so glad to hear that like so many others, you too are having a positive experience with the RSO. It is people like yourself that have the courage to not only try this medicine but then report on it. Maybe through your experience, you will be able to get one person to question their long held fear based opinion on this subject!
        Cheers
        Kathy
        2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Originally posted by wally8 View Post
          rosepetals you are welcome, and I am so glad to hear that like so many others, you too are having a positive experience with the RSO. It is people like yourself that have the courage to not only try this medicine but then report on it. Maybe through your experience, you will be able to get one person to question their long held fear based opinion on this subject!
          Cheers
          Kathy
          Personally, I can state unequivocally that it is not "fear" that in any way informs my opinion. Rather, I rely on hard science instead of anecdotal stories, because the latter are based on the subjective opinion of the user(s). I also choose not to use DMDs because PPMS progression has not shown any signs of halting or slowing with any of the currently prescribed DMD's.

The fact remains that it will likely be many years before a mainstream drug comes out of cannabis studies. In the meantime, I choose not to use cannabis derivatives to treat my MS unless and until I'm convinced it's safe (and legal). That's my personal opinion, based on review of scientific literature. YMMV

Comment

DMD

Rosepetals,

Are you taking a DMD along with phoenix tears
            limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Personally, I can state unequivocally that it is not "fear" that in any way informs my opinion. Rather, I rely on hard science instead of anecdotal stories, because the latter are based on the subjective opinion of the user(s). I also choose not to use DMDs because PPMS progression has not shown any signs of halting or slowing with any of the currently prescribed DMD's.
              When I say fear based, I do not mean to offend anyone. We have all been brought up to fear this plant, all the information that we have been allowed to see is usually in the negative, is it any wonder that we then fear the consequences of using it. The strict control that surrounds this plant makes it very difficult to get any real unbiased studies.
              There is no government funding into the health benefits of this plant, the only way a science lab or uni can get funding to study this plant is to submit a request that states its intention to research the harmful affects only.

I believe there is enough evidence, science based and anecdotal, to at least warrant a surge of funding into the health benefits.
              Cheers
              Kathy

Comment

I didn't go through the entire video but the title alone lets me know the whole gist of it. To me, it's a no-brainer...big disease = big money. Many people disagree but IN MY OPINION its all about M-O-N-E-Y. Can you imagine the financial hit pharmeceutical companies would take if diseases would be cured?!! Why would they want a cure?

I personally stopped taking dmd's when I realized that while I would be treating MS, other illness could come about from the meds (i.e. liver problems)...THAT WOULD MEAN MORE MONEY! Too many other toxins going on in the food that I eat...and I eat extremely healthy! No boxed/prepared foods, junk foods, etc. This is the world we live in right now, unfortunately. I refuse to let them take advantage of me. My neuro didn't particularly like my decision but he let me know that it was my decision overall and he supported me in that.

I'm not writing this to sway anyone's decisions...I'm just giving my opinion...I'm just sayin'
                No weapon formed against ME shall prosper
                Isaiah 54:17

Comment

ladibabe, No. I came down with a giant tumor after a year of Copaxone and a horrible emergency surgery. The other RX to treat MS in my opinion have worse effects.

I do take Prokarin which is histamine an amino acid and a tiny bit of caffeine. I find it improves my quality of life and strength.

I choose not to finance the DMD companies. It is well known that the medications are an ineffective in 2/3 of the patients. 1/3 of the people get results we hope. I know the new pills are supposed to have a better rate. I don't want to take something that will suppress my immune system from fighting cancer and other bugs.

As I continue on the Phoenix Tears experiment, I feel like there is improvement. Though it is minor yet, I have hope. I am having longer periods of mental clarity, alertness, I can stay awake longer in the evening. The cog fog is decreasing, the pain is almost gone to being barely there, or weak enough that I can ignore it.

Wally, I took classes to become a Master Herbologist - which I did not complete. But I studied at a great dept and understanding of the subject. Between that and my medical knowledge and ability to research and understand medical terminology I take great interest in finding things that "might help and are safe."

Pnut, so very true. Back when I was in College to become a RN it was emphasized all the money to be made off of a disease, especially chronic ones and cancer in particular. I would refer you to Elaine Delack on youtube discussing MS and the MS society. Or the history of medicine and the Rockafeller's.

I would post links but in the past, they are removed. I don't have the time to keep re posting them. Search them out yourself. Do a search under granny storm and Multiple sclerosis or neurological issues. You will find hundreds of articles to read in medical journals from all over. If that isn't enough evidence to demonstrate the effectiveness than what is. Also at the same site search for any other medical condition like cancer and you might just be thrilled at the information available.

Too bad there isn't an alternative treatment therapy group where one can freely post. Not trying to be rude, but it would be interesting.

Comment

Thanks.. I am also on Copaxone and the only one I would even consider taking. If Copaxone does not work I don't think I could take another one with all the side effects. I have been keeping an open mind and would definatly consider MMJ. My pain and discomfort is very minimal right now so I grin and bare it.

I have boughts of TN and only take the Tegretol for a couple days because of the side affects. I think instead of taking it at all next time I will look into MMJ.
                    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Originally posted by rosepetals View Post
                      Back when I was in College to become a RN it was emphasized all the money to be made off of a disease, especially chronic ones and cancer in particular.
                      I must have been absent for that lecture.

I would vehemently disagree that anyone is allowing cancer to continue rather than offer a cure based on the money. That is a disease that has touched everyone's life in a negative way.

Although I am the first to acknowledge the pharm business is big money I personally am thankful there is money to be made or we wouldn't have many of the great medications that save and/or improve countless lives every day.
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Jules, as you may or may not know each college chooses it's basic canned curriculum with a spin from each instructor.

Jules, it is OK to disagree. It is what makes us individuals.

The topic here is Phoenix Tears or RSO Rick Simpson Oil. I myself would love to see anyone else experiences with it. Rick Simpson has a facebook page on phoenix tears and rick simpson oil. It appears to be where he is most active on the subject.

ladibabe, I did Copaxone only to go downhill with frequent flairs and loss of strength.

Comment

I have professional experience with both RESEARCH and MEDICAL establishment. Knowing how human research is performed and how variables are measured, I will only believe in "clinical trial" results, and then be wary of them to the extent that I realize they will not always provide what we NEED and WANT to hear.

I AM making my own choice to use "natural remedies" (discussed specifically here) and have found ONE natural remedy to be quite helpful with pain. I have only found that the "inhalation" of this remedy, will help with my pain. I save this particular "remedy" for when my pain pushes its way up to the "top" of the scales of pain. I ALSO (and this is VERY IMPORTANT for all to consider), only use this natural remedy when I do not need to use my mental capacity NOR when I need to drive or perform anything that could turn dangerous, without my being FULLY engaged and ready to use it safely.
                          Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Comment

I have professional experience with both RESEARCH and MEDICAL establishment. Knowing how human research is performed and how variables are measured, I will only believe in "clinical trial" results, and then be wary of them to the extent that I realize they will not always provide what we NEED and WANT to hear.

I AM making my own choice to use "natural remedies" (discussed specifically here) and have found ONE natural remedy to be quite helpful with pain. I have only found that the "inhalation" of this remedy, will help with my pain. I save this particular "remedy" for when my pain pushes its way up to the "top" of the scales of pain. I ALSO (and this is VERY IMPORTANT for all to consider), only use this natural remedy when I do not need to use my mental capacity NOR when I need to drive or perform anything that could turn dangerous, without my being FULLY engaged and ready to use it safely.
                            Fishead, I liked your post because it was full of something that seems to get lost in the sometimes contraversial debate about this topic. That something is... common sense. I dont totally agree in the ONLY clinical trials view, but understand that they are vitally important. I look forward to the day when Government steps back and lets Doctors and patients decide what medicine is best for them.

As with all medicine, hopefully one day there will be a message on the package of this natural remedy that reads...Do not drive or operate heavy machinery whilst taking this medication Once again comman sense!

I would vehemently disagree that anyone is allowing cancer to continue rather than offer a cure based on the money. That is a disease that has touched everyone's life in a negative way.

Although I am the first to acknowledge the pharm business is big money
                            JulesA, If as you say you acknowledge that pharm business is big money, then it would not be too bigger stretch to realize the posibility, even the probability that they would only invest big money into therapies that then not only returned their investment but also made them a profit. Put simply thats how big business works.
                            So its not so much that they are keeping a cure from us, in so much as they first have to find a way to make money of it. Sadly people are dying in the mean time, is it any wonder or really SO hard to believe that desparate people have found another way, have found something that works. Why is it that we put so much faith in the establishment to tell us what works and what doesnt.

It is inevitable, there is way too much information out there now, for them to duck and hide.
                            Today ( 16/10/2012) is the first time in over 20 years that the DEA is being taken to the supreme court by Americans for Safe Access to argue the DEA stance that this plant has no medicanal qualities, in the hope that it will at least be classed as a scedule 2 drug. That way the medical proffesionals will be able to run all the needed studies.

In the mean time you will probably see a big push in the drugs Marinol and Sativex, these are just two of big pharmas attemps to bottle this plant, with unsatisfactory patient results. It seems it just doesnt work as well as the natural plant, althought Sativex works better than Marinol, Patients then have to concider the high cost of it.

So what ever side of the fence you are on, the wheels are turning and we will be seeing alot more on this topic in hopefully the very near future

Cheers
                            Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by wally8 View Post
                              JulesA, If as you say you acknowledge that pharm business is big money, then it would not be too bigger stretch to realize the posibility, even the probability that they would only invest big money into therapies that then not only returned their investment but also made them a profit. Put simply thats how big business works.
                              So its not so much that they are keeping a cure from us, in so much as they first have to find a way to make money of it. Sadly people are dying in the mean time, is it any wonder or really SO hard to believe that desparate people have found another way, have found something that works. Why is it that we put so much faith in the establishment to tell us what works and what doesnt.

It is inevitable, there is way too much information out there now, for them to duck and hide.
                              Sorry but no I do not agree that a for-profit industry is automatically an evil entity that is withholding the cure for cancer in an effort to sell medication.

This is a very interesting thread and since I have added my two cents I'd prefer we end our dialogue and just agree to disagree. Best, Jules
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              Anonymous

Comment

This is a very interesting thread and since I have added my two cents I'd prefer we end our dialogue and just agree to disagree. Best, Jules
                                Agreed

Cheers
                                Kathy

Comment

Working...
                                X