Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running from The Cure..anyone seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wally8 View Post
    As they say ignorance is bliss, there is no point discussing a topic if you are unwilling to first do some homework. Where are all those open minds, to me an open mind means being willing to not only listen too new information but also to find out about that information BEFORE disregarding it.

By all means have your opinion on the subject, but at least make it an educated one.
    Cheers
    Kathy
    P.S Sarcasm is as they say, the lowest form of witt, and also a tool for the uninformed.
    I'm disregarding the conspiracy. I have doubts about the effacy of the tears, but I actually didn't actually comment on it. But I roll my eyes at most conspiracies and even more so if the conspiracy is offered as a kind of proof. And I don't think he's correct to say that pot is banned because of its healing properties. There are many other reasons - not necessarily good reasons - why it's banned. Anyway, in many states, it's legal so people can cure themselves if it works.

Comment

"I'm disregarding the conspiracy." Not to be rude, but What Conspiracy?

According to wiki, "Conspiracy has been defined in the US as an agreement of two or more people to commit a crime, or to accomplish a legal end through illegal actions." Again, what conspiracy are you referring to?

It seems like the only one going on is in one's own personal choices as to be informed or not.

As to phoenix tears helping MS. Who knows if Phoenix tears may work or then again it might not. (Each medication, supplements, vitamins, diet is chosen by your physician and your individual's choice.) I am grateful to be able to try out the tears. I did not bring up the topic. I only responded to a statement posted by Jules A. Yes, I am participating in the use of Phoenix tears. If any information I may have helps Jules or anyone else here, then I am glad to have helped.

It is much safer to try it out, a herb vs. medications and trials medications and placebos.

As to it being helpful, there is in my mind much benefits in the results I have experienced. I don't have to take muscle relaxers and pain pills since starting. My brain is more alert lately. Maybe it is from the neuroprotective actions.

At least the arguments for it's use are well documented by various medical institutions and even our government. If you wish to see a list of health issues Cannabis helps, I would refer you to an individual called granny storm. She compiled a list of helpful info.

There is something to be said about not having to pop a bunch of pills multiple times of day that are mind altering and have a detrimental side effects including the ominous black box warnings. Yup, I love having choices.

Comment

" I don't think he's correct to say that pot is banned because of its healing properties."

The US government does have a patent on the healing properties of marijuana.

Oh, there is so much information out there you must catch up on reading sometime. I used to be closed minded about it, but after doing lots of research I found common reasons against using it rather silly and really rather foolish.

I choose not to argue about this or change anyone's mind. The documentation supports medical benefits. Again, I responded to Jules statement in a Polite manner.

Comment

Originally posted by rosepetals View Post
          " I don't think he's correct to say that pot is banned because of its healing properties."

The US government does have a patent on the healing properties of marijuana.

Oh, there is so much information out there you must catch up on reading sometime. I used to be closed minded about it, but after doing lots of research I found common reasons against using it rather silly and really rather foolish.

I choose not to argue about this or change anyone's mind. The documentation supports medical benefits. Again, I responded to Jules statement in a Polite manner.
          What's the patent number? I'll be happy to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by rosepetals View Post
            "The US government does have a patent on the healing properties of marijuana.
            No, it doesn't. It can't. Properties are traits or effects like viscosity and somnolence. Properties can't be patented. Neither can natural phenomena.

This topic of cannabinoids and legalities was started under another thread. There isn't any way to have a substantive, rational conversation about the topic if folks just keep making things up to support their own viewpoint.

The misinformation, disinformation and truthiness posted under this and associated threads are bedfellows of political propaganda. And the administrator has already posted that "MSWorld's Guidelines prohibits (sic) any discussion concerning any kind of politics."

Cannabinoids are an important topic that deserves fact, not fallacy. Does anyone want to save this topic with some facts?

Comment

Let's not turn this helpful thread into a discussion between members who disagree. No one will win such a discussion. MSWorld guidelines state: "1. INTERNET ETIQUETTE: Show respect for others at all times.
              hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
              volunteer
              MS World
              hunterd@msworld.org
              PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

This is probably the patent she's referring to:
                http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/6630507
                1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
                NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

P.S Sarcasm is as they say, the lowest form of witt, and also a tool for the uninformed.
                  Really? I'm usually a bit too concrete to fully enjoy and employ sarcasm but have to say the most sarcastic people I know are actually pretty intelligent and well informed.

They have a knack for leaving my mind racing in an effort to figure out where they were actually headed with that comment. Just speaking anecdotally of course.
                  He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                  Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
                    This is probably the patent she's referring to:
                    http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/6630507
                    Thanks. That's really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwings View Post
                      Cannabinoids are an important topic that deserves fact, not fallacy. Does anyone want to save this topic with some facts?
                      I agree Redwings and shall endeavour to do as you ask. I am not sure as to whether these links will work or be allowed but we will soon find out

This following link is to the pubmed site which has alot of scientific articles.
                      www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/

If you put cannabis in the search field of this page, lots of studies come up.

Here is a link to a study about Alzheimers and cannabis.
                      www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2562334/

Here is one done by the Harvard Uni

**This is a dead link. 404 error.**

Here is a link to the story of Brave Mykayla..a 7 year old who's cancer was cured using hemp oil. Keep in mind this is just one of the many real life stories out there.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

Thank you to MarkLavelle for posting the link to the Gov patent, I'm having a bit of trouble with quotes and links at the present But here is part of the Patent:

**You may not cut and paste direct wording from a website per guidelines** . MarkLavelle has given the URL above.

I too am hoping that this thread can stay respectful, It is only my intent to inform, I do not and will not make up evidence nor will I make comments that I am not able to back up with scientific proof. Having said that, it is not my job to do ALL the work for you. The evidence is already at YOUR finger tips.

For those that do post, please keep in mind that it is okay to have differing opinions as long as we respect each other. I for one would like to see this thread kept open, so we ALL can learn something new from both sides of the debate, and by all means if you want to keep it non political, that would be good because the medicanal side is far more interesting.
                      Happy Hunting
                      Kathy
                      2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Okay I have put the link to Brave Mykayla in my profile.
                        Here is the link to the Harvard Uni Research again, I think I may have spelt it wrong first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSXhwP5QjUQ&feature=player_embedded

Hope that one works, if you get the chance check out Mykayla's story its well worth the effort.

Cheers
                        Kathy
                        2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Sorry, that was not a "study"

It was a video that was more than 95% anecdotal stories and weed oil propaganda. Please cite an actual peer-reviewed research study showing or even hinting that TCH oil cures cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by jcrain9663 View Post
                            It was a video that was more than 95% anecdotal stories and weed oil propaganda. Please cite an actual peer-reviewed research study showing or even hinting that TCH oil cures cancer.
                            I agree, it was more of a promotional video. I struggled with validating it per MSWorld rules that it was not from a medical site. I could not find the original 2007 study done by Harvard Medical School. If someone could find it and post it, it might strengthen the case.
                            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
                            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
                            Tysabri

Comment

I too am hoping that this thread can stay respectful, It is only my intent to inform, I do not and will not make up evidence nor will I make comments that I am not able to back up with scientific proof. Having said that, it is not my job to do ALL the work for you. The evidence is already at YOUR finger tips.

Happy Hunting
                              Kathy
                              But if you are saying you will back up your comments, which I respect and think we all should do, why would you go on and say it isn't your job to do all the work? If you put it out there, imo it is your job to support it.

FWIW although I'm not particularly invested in this topic here is an interesting site for those that are I found that appears to have information on peer reviewed studies on marijuana.

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/v...ourceID=000884
                              He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                              Anonymous

Comment

I am not here to change anyone's belief or anything. Again I am informing.

Yes, I am taking the Phoenix tears. !!! Yea, I got tube #2 today and boy am I so very excited. The lady who makes it has a notebook full of people who are dx. with cancer and MS and there improvements. She stays in contact with Rick and discusses her cases with him. It is all very interesting.

If this is allowed here is a site which has tons of information. Granny Storm MMJ look it up if for some reason the site is not allowed to be posted.

**URL removed by Moderator in compliance with MSWorld Guidelines. This may be put in your Profile for all registered, logged-in members to see. Go to UserCP > Edit Details**

US Patent 6630507 by our government.

As to MMJ helping MS, it is well known it helps. The extent that it helps as far as I am aware is unknown. There is lots of evidence out there in reports and medical journals under Granny Storm MMJ List that one could spend many days or longer reading.

According to the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry. Dr. Zajicek states that overall, progression of disease in this group ... was less than expected... In other words, cannabis appears to have slowed the progression of the disease also. This is the strongest evidence behind using cannabinoids for symptom relief in MS so far.

There are other links by the National Cancer Institute at Natural Institute for Health with more articles.

It is not my job to convince anyone as to why or why not to choose a method of medication or treatment. It is a very individual choice. Given the numerous sites over history on the benefits, isn't it time to consider the evidence?

Medication unless a pharmaceutical company can makes lots of money will not make a FDA approved drug. Synthetic marijuana don't have the same effect on healing.

Those against MMJ, just think are you against it as I was due to ideology taught to us as children? I was taught it was such a dreadful drug. Getting high well doesn't thrill me, but when a plant or herb can be used for health improvements, I will take it any day over a medication. I also did enough research to make me feel comfortable with my personal choice.

I couldn't feel comfortable taking chemo or other MS medications that are know to cause more health issues causing to need another pill to treat the side effects. . .

Comment

Working...
                                X