Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Running from The Cure..anyone seen this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running from The Cure..anyone seen this?

Hi Guys,
    Whilst doing research I stumbled across this very interesting documentary called " Running from the cure" by Rick Simpson. It has definitly peaked my interest and think it is well worth a look. I have put the link in my profile under favourite URLs " not sure if thats the way to do it" But if you have any trouble with the link just Google "running from the cure" or go to the Phoenix tears web site. They have a video library and all the info to do this yourself.
    Would love to hear your opinions on this!
    Cheers
    Kathy
    2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

In general I don't put too much stock in stories like this. Imo if there was something that could cure cancer it would be well known regardless of the conspiracy theorists' claims.

Hemp oil has been used for years and while it may have some alternative therapeutic uses I seriously doubt it cured anyone of terminal cancer.

Along those lines I have an inlaw who years ago spent a boat load of money going to Mexico to "cure" a brain tumor. Since the diagnostic technology wasn't even advanced back then I'd bet my bippy she never had a brain tumor in the first place but she definitely believes they cured her. I guess that is all that matters however it irritates me when it is suggested I go to Mexico for coffee enemas or whatever it is they are doing that will cure my MS.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

"Bet my Bippy"! Wow, Jules, hadn't heard that one in a long
      time. Ah, the heady, intellectual days of "Laugh In".

Thanks for today's gaffaw!

me
      "I'm not limping!! I'm just favoring each leg differently!!"

Comment

I am on Phoenix tears. It's day 5 so far. I am tapering the dosage upwards as recommended. I am thrilled to have found a source of the medication for free. Hopefully there will be improvements.

Comment

Thats so great to hear rosepetals, please keep us posted as to how it works for you. I have been doing alot of research into this subject since I first posted this thread, and I must say the evidence is over whelmingly in favour of the benifits this oil can bring about.

Cheers
          Kathy
          2004 pos/MS 2006 Pos/MS also Pos/Crazy 14/01/2012 here we go againDx RRMS 21/06/2012

Comment

Hmm. Phoenix tears. I had to look that one up. I thought it was like Unicorn Milk.

I've always thought that if Tobacco were just discovered, it would be in the healthfood stores.

I have nothing against pot and will keep an open mind, but I really don't like conspiracy theories, whether they be JFK, the FED, 9-11 or New Coke. I suppose this one is more like the ones where gas companies buy up the plans for cars that run 1000 miles on a gallon of gas.

Cure is the C-Word as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Actually Phoenix tears is the name of Rick Simpsons web site, RSO acca Rick Simpson Oil is what rosepetal means.

I have found that the mention of conspiracy theories brings about the dreaded rolling of the eyes, why is that? Do you believe that the government has our best interests at hand or that maybe its possible that money dictates what they deem best for us. Hemp as a medicine has not just been discovered, its been around for centuries, and it would be on the shelves of health food stores as it once was, if it was'nt for the government telling you and me what we can and cant use as a medicine.

Please keep that open mind of yours Big A, do some real research on the subject, you just may come up with that conspiracy.
              Cheers
              Kathy

Comment

Is this a Harry Potter joke? Didn't phoenix tears have important healing properties in those books/movies?

Comment

Hmm. At the risk of degenerating into a debate on all things. Here's why I roll my eyes.

There is a definately a conspiracy in certain parts of the government to keep people from buying pot. That's undeniable. There's also a conspiracy to prevent people selling organs and plutonium.

But that doesn't make plutonium or pot a cure for anything. It just means it's illegal - just like alcohol is illegal in Saudi Arabia.

And in any case, pot is pretty accessable and legal in some states. I have a friend who has beaten cancer with peach pits (laeatrile). Maybe it works, but licensing people to sell "cures" is a different matter.

But just because there are people who want to prevent something being bought and sold, doesn't mean it's because it's a cure for something.

Comment

Thank you all for this thread. Afcter my candidates' perfortmance last night, needed to laugh......LOL......thanx
                    [I]Tellnhelen
                    Progressive Relapsing MS

Comment

As they say ignorance is bliss, there is no point discussing a topic if you are unwilling to first do some homework. Where are all those open minds, to me an open mind means being willing to not only listen too new information but also to find out about that information BEFORE disregarding it.

By all means have your opinion on the subject, but at least make it an educated one.
                      Cheers
                      Kathy
                      P.S Sarcasm is as they say, the lowest form of witt, and also a tool for the uninformed.

Comment

I can relate...

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
                        In general I don't put too much stock in stories like this. Imo if there was something that could cure cancer it would be well known regardless of the conspiracy theorists' claims.

Hemp oil has been used for years and while it may have some alternative therapeutic uses I seriously doubt it cured anyone of terminal cancer.

Along those lines I have an inlaw who years ago spent a boat load of money going to Mexico to "cure" a brain tumor. Since the diagnostic technology wasn't even advanced back then I'd bet my bippy she never had a brain tumor in the first place but she definitely believes they cured her. I guess that is all that matters however it irritates me when it is suggested I go to Mexico for coffee enemas or whatever it is they are doing that will cure my MS.
                        My SIL had cancer, quite far developed when she was dx'd. She listened to and had a philosophy about treatment that led her down the path of 'natural cure' gurus.

I don't know if her cancer was at an uncurable stage, but I think it was. She did the coffee enemas and vitamins, minerals, etc. She even went to Mexico in hope of a cure. It was stressful to observe, though most of us were open minded and hoped for the best. Unfortunately that didn't happen and she died in Mexico.

I do understand why people reach out for help to to some of these unorthodox practioners or treatments, but I think it is important to thoroughly study them and what real results they've had.

Diane
                        You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.

Comment

Originally posted by DianeD View Post

I do understand why people reach out for help to to some of these unorthodox practioners or treatments, but I think it is important to thoroughly study them and what real results they've had.

Diane
                          I agree and I have said numerous times, that one must never take anyones word for anything, thats why I have been saying to do some research BEFORE disregarding this.

If scientific proof is what you are looking for then the Pubmed website is a good place to start. You need to find out about our Endocannabinoid system all human beings are born with one. We are genetically geared to except cannabinoids into our system. Our bodies use our cannabinoid system to regulate ALL of our bodily functions.

Cannabinoids can be naturally found in the brain, liver, lungs, bone, central nervous system, just to name a few. That is why the plant based cannabinoids work on so many different ailments. They can even cross the blood brain barrier (sounds familiar) and have been proven to be a neuro protectant.

As far as unorthadox practitioners go, there will always be those that prey on the sick and vulnerable. Rick Simpson provided this medicine to patients FREE of charge and at great expense to himself both legally and finacially, cant really be called a scam if he's not selling anything.

Rick Simpson says it is simply a matter of right and wrong and refused to be silenced by threat of prosecution and jail, the least we can do is some research.

Cheers
                          Kathy

Comment

It has been about two weeks into my Phoenix Tears experiment. Phoenix tears known as Rick Simpson Oil is made from the best buds and leaves from Marijuana. It is concentrated, so it has more medicinal values than just getting high. It is extremely high in THC. According to studies THC kills cancer. There are other components like CBD which also kills cancer. Proven in medical studies and medical journals. It is also known to be neuroprotective !!!

It has been rumored that some people find a decrease in MS symptoms. Locally I received report of one person getting out of there wheelchair and another MSer being able to return to work. I don't know the details of how long it took for them to see improvement.

Adverse reaction. So fart the worse has been feeling like I was going to fly off my bed at night, it was so intense It felt like I had to grab the bed to hold on. It only happened a couple of times when I increased the dose or when I ate a snack before bed. Snacking with a food that has fat like a cheese stick makes the dizziness worse I found out. It makes the THC last longer in your system.

So far my major improvement that I have seen is decreased pain, stiffness, decreased neuropathy or burning pain, and improved sleep. My muscles totally relax, which until you feel that happen you don't realize what a sweet relief it is to experience it. I am sure that being able to relax to such a deep extent is healing on it's own.

I experimented with the dosage trying to find a dose that does not leave me knocked out during the day. For me, I find that I take one gram of the phoenix tears just before I lay down to sleep. Although I can take a smaller dose during the daytime, it tends to make me feel sleepy to take it during daytime. I already have fatigue issues. One gram is the full dose. I have better tolerance taking the full dose at night vs. breaking it up during the daytime.

I found I can put the Phoenix tears on a small piece of vegetable that I swallow whole and rinse down with water.

The reason for this is the Tears can Stain the teeth dark green I have been told. It takes hours to get rid of the flavor out of your mouth if it stick to your tongue or teeth. I found something that I can swallow whole works best rather than chewing which would spread it around.

Even if Phoenix tears does not affect the MS, there should be an improvement in health with continued use.

Comment

Wally8, thank you for all the support. Too often I don't post as my heart is in alternative medication and treatments vs. modern medicine. T

My dear husband believes all doctors walk on water, all there pretty $75.00 colored pills really do work and $100 pills work better, and shots are filled with a magical liquid that heals you instantly - made of all things good like, chocolate milk, chicken soup, love, and streaming sports channel. He believes Vitamin D is good for because the news says it is today, yet tomorrow it is bad for you, and Vitamin C is bad for you because this week it causes heart attacks.

LOL. Where is this going? Well, I don't worship doctors and I know they often do wrong as I worked with them. I realize that there are other choices because I search for answers rather than relying on canned, commercialized, blind faith.

Although there are great cures for a broken arm or leg, modern medicine has too often not found cures for all that ails us. Overwhelmingly Doctors won't allow a family member to receive traditional treatments for cancer after knowing what it truly does to the body.

While it is great that there are people being paid for creating medications who's value is questionable at the same time great minds are being quieted, hushed, and shamed for alternative approaches. They are quieted because it is these alternative approaches affect potential income for many.

There are many great sites on the web discussing the history of medicine, (start with John D. Rockefeller) how medical colleges were started, it's a good read. Also read the history of the FDA and the Pharmaceutical Industry. Then listen to the latest commercials on TV for medications. The Flexner Report of 1910 report discusses how to eliminate competition from non-drug therapies.

There is lots of money to be made no matter the cost to the people as to weather the medication or vaccine is proven or not. Yes, there is much deception out there, It is up to the individual choose to read both sides of the story, before making decisions or they can blast and tear apart things they know not about.

I can only hope this will not turn into a political drama thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X