Jack Osborne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Osborne

Did you see...and I probably won't be the first to type this. Today Show just came on and said Jack came out and said he has MS. He's 26 and has ON. Thats what made his DX come about. He woke up and had lost vision in his eye.

I feel for him...Jack just had a new baby and got engaged I believe. Thats A LOT for a young family! On the other front another famous name helps MS.

isamadjul
    (allyson)
    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

I saw it too. TO JACK OSBORNE

I can certainly feel for him as that was what was my first sign as probably many other's.

I woke up and had trouble reading the paper. ~50% of my vision in my Rt. eye was gone. I didn't know enough to be afraid yet. I hope Jack finds us. Jack we wish you the best and we are here.

Dave, Tampa, Florida
    "Journeyman"
    Weather: 86 deg. and 5% hum.
    Status: four years since dx, four months into what is usually a six month remission. Things are already starting to show up. The "lead blanket" has arrived. Despite all I know I still get fearful of my relapses. My loving wife is caretaker and my weather vane. She usually spots my symptoms before I do.

Comment

Of course I feel for Jack, but did you see the broadcast on the Today show? I thought they did an awful job! They really seemed to downplay MS. I wonder what Meredith Viera thought of the piece.....
      dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Even with MS and ON he is more functional than his father
        At weddings, my Aunts would poke me in the ribs and cackle "You're next!". They stopped when I started doing the same to them at funerals. Dave Barry

Comment

For many years it was thought Ozzy had MS. But it was something else.

Will make his life different for sure. Hope he can make the necessary adjustments.

KK

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
            Even with MS and ON he is more functional than his father
            too funny!!
            dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Missed the Today show, but am just seeing it on Fox news. So terrible. All the money and fame does not matter when you have this horrible disease. I was edx late in life, even though I had it for much longer and now I am glad I did not know sooner. Yeah, I could have gone on DMD's and maybe not been as bad now, but as a young person, this just seems much worse.
              I am anxious to hear if anyone says anything more. Maybe Ozzie can give lots of money and a cure can be found.

JudySz

Comment

Yes a lot of changes for Jack, but a lot of good ones too.
                Parents reportedly said, they wish it were them than him.

Left Sharon a tweet mentioning this forum. Hope he joins us.

If you ever do come here Jack, please know you are welcomed and will receive alot of good information and wonderful support.

Hugs, Jan
                I believe in miracles~!
                2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

Here's a pretty decent, if brief, article on Jack's MS from the New York Daily News:

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1097695

I wish Jack nothing but the best.

As far as joining us is concerned, he might do better to join the Multiple Sclerosis Resource Centre since it's in the U.K.

http://www.msrc.co.uk/

Or join both!

Comment

People Mag...Friday

The article that this is all about is suppose to come out on Friday in People. So while I don't usually buy any mags. I plan on getting this one.

I missed most of the Today Show thing I hope....other wise I must agree that it wasn't a very good thing except they did say that for a male to be DX this young is more rare and not good sign...I think thats what she said. But otherwise it seemed to be more blah blah..HOWEVER the main thing I thought was that they where talking about it and that the family is big in the eye of the ppl!

His Mom has a talk show and a show on NBC and he does Documentary Movies so maybe he'll do something on MS and do Sundance Film...ONE CAN HOPE FOR THIS MUCH FOR MS!!!!

isamadjul
                    (allyson)
                    DX 10/10, JCV postitive by a lot (said Nuero lol), Betaerson, Gilenya, Tecifidera, Aubagio now on Ocerevus

Comment

Sharon Osborne is just telling everyone on her show THE TALK about her son's diagnosis.. she is sobbing.

But JACK will be on THE TALK Wednesday, June 20th, check your local listings. And his story will be in this week's People magazine.

Now also just saw a MD on HLN talk about MS. She did mention that it DOES affect folks differently and does affect those with MS EVERY DAY with periods of remissions. Anyway, she did not sugar coat it like they did on the Today show.

Jan
                      I believe in miracles~!
                      2004 Benign MS 2008 NOT MS
                      Finally DX: RR MS 02.24.10

Comment

I too feel for Jack. But I have to say I am absolutely ashamed of myself. I never knew Ozzy had MS. I have always thought that he was messed up on drugs or alcohol. Since my diagnosis I have looked at people with different eyes. I guess the you never know what's going on with them do don't judge. I am so completely ashamed. I never gave him the benefit of doubt I guess because he was a "rock star".

I have no excuses. I am so very sorry to him.

Comment

That is a good article from nydailynews that Sequoia posted.

I hate hearing Sharon Osbourne is thinking it her fault, I hope she Google’s a list of famous people with MS and sees that getting MS is totally random. You can be as fit as a Olympic athlete or faithful/spiritual as a Saint and still get MS, there is nothing a person or their parents can do to prevent it.

I'm pleasantly surprised on how good the coverage has been, for the most part it has been fair towards him and how they describe MS.

And to Jack Osbourne if you read this thread keep in mind as you read that every case of MS is unique, going by what some say I (someone that was DX 10 years age) should not be working full time, walking, enjoying life or even a be a man.
                          But I’m all the above and more, life and MS can be a good life it just takes some work and faith.
                          Give life meaning, live life by the 9 Noble Virtues.

Comment

What sad news for him and his family. Sharon is outspoken and a total Mama Bear so I hope she can generate some buzz about the need for more MS research.

Praying he has an easy time of it.
                            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                            Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by JudySz View Post
                              Missed the Today show, but am just seeing it on Fox news. So terrible. All the money and fame does not matter when you have this horrible disease. I was edx late in life, even though I had it for much longer and now I am glad I did not know sooner. Yeah, I could have gone on DMD's and maybe not been as bad now, but as a young person, this just seems much worse.
                              I am anxious to hear if anyone says anything more. Maybe Ozzie can give lots of money and a cure can be found.

JudySz
                              Hey JudySz,
                              I, too, know I had M.S. symptoms for a good 10 years before getting checked out, and ya, there were DMDs I could have started earlier, but personally I am glad I didn't know. It's all in how you spin it. If I KNEW it was M.S., the minor symptoms I had back then might have seemed more like major symptoms, if only from a psychological perspective it could have had just as profound of an effect and I may have quit working sooner. It was only after the little taps in my body became loud clunks that I finally went to the doctor (a habit I've had all my life).

I am thinking that I had a twenty year head start on Jack with this disease, and I am doing so much better than my mom did with M.S. I can only hope that the new generations will do even better or be able to rid themselves of this stupid disease completely.

This also confuses me about Ozzie being "misdiagnosed" with M.S. Is Ozzie really O.K.? Pretty odd coincidence.
                              Tawanda

Comment

Working...
                              X