No announcement yet.

Anyone here Dx with Benign or Mild MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My neuro said mine was mild and flare symptoms will all go away! They haven't given my mind or body a break since October. I'm so confused anymore on what's going on.

If your Dr says its mild then hope it is. Find out how many lesions you have, where they are located and what size they are. That will, tell you if your MS will be mild or not. My mild CIS allowed me to work for 3 months then right to disability cuz of daily nonstop symptoms.

Stay positive and wake up each day and hope its a good one! I tell my family that each day is a surprise and i will let them know what I can do when I wake up to see what my body allows me to do.....

Comment

I was diagnosed with "benign" MS 10 years ago and I was not recommended to be on drug therapy and told if I have to ask if any thing I experience is MS it probably isn't. From all that I just assumed that I wasn't going to have to deal with any problems. I had experienced things for years before the dx like optic neuritis, mono, loss of hearing, and then vision and cognitive problems when I was officially dx.

Ever since then I only have sensory and cognitive problems. It is so hard to read about all the physical problems and feel like maybe my MS is only mild but when I feel like I am losing my mind and can't remember things from day to day and trying to do anything new or different is so hard, I just have to wonder what is wrong with me. Maybe I have something else wrong with my brain but the MRI's and neurologists always say "yes you have MS" and you should be on drug therapy. Why? I can't afford it or the side effects it may cause. I am on medication for my depression which I am sure is part of my MS. I deal with fatigue which is hard when I raised three children and never slowed down raising them. Multi tasking was easy. Now just getting through a day making sure I always check my list of what I need to do is my prime objective.

It is hard to be around people because they say that happens to everyone when they get older or you already told me that. I hate that the person I used to be seems to be slipping away and it is easier to just stay alone because nobody understands what I deal with including me.

Comment

Originally posted by JAH0513 View Post
        Maybe I have something else wrong with my brain but the MRI's and neurologists always say "yes you have MS" and you should be on drug therapy. Why? I can't afford it or the side effects it may cause. I am on medication for my depression which I am sure is part of my MS.
        Your MS doesn't sound mild to me and I'm sorry you are struggling alone.

Please re-visit the topic of medication both for MS and depression with your physician. It doesn't sound like your depression medication is working and also there is no guarantee you will have side effects from the MS meds that we so desperately hope will help stall progression.

If the doctors think there are other things that might help you with your quality of life please consider them. Wishing you well, Jules
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Working...
        X