Handicapped Parking Permit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Can I

How can i get a handicap sticker if I need one?

MDAE

Comment

There have been times when even my HC tag was not enough, even before my MS Dx.

One time I went to Penney's looking for a shirt. I parked in HC parking. Before I could get back out of the store (w/o the shirt) my legs were a mess. To top it off I nearly lost my lunch literally I was so sick before I could even get back to my car in HC parking.

That was the end of doing w/o a scooter and my fam doc ordered an eval for a power chair. The P/T lady came to my house and after the eval was done, she asked me if I needed it "tomorrow". I knew yet feared that day would arrive, so I was in no rush, despite it sometimes being a challenge to just walk across a room.

Getting a HC tag is minor in my book and if you even think about getting one, you should already have gotten one, IMO.

I can still walk some, the scooter has enabled me to do so much more and my P/C helps me get thru my days easier adn to top it all off; by using my P/C part-time I am able to walk a little more and better by using it...strange but TRUE for me anywho......

Gomer

Comment

Originally posted by Remy9111 View Post
        I live in Texas too. Sometimes it can get up to 107-108 degrees in the summer. It's coming soon. I haven't gotten an HC pass yet but I'm just not sure I can do another summer without one. I never felt like I deserved it. The heat wipes me out and gives me cognitive problems. Soon I'm moving to a house that has no garage (I have one now) so I'm sure the hot car will be bad too.

I'm worried I will get harassed by people because I have the "but you look so good" kind of MS. Any good comebacks people want to share if someone gives you problems?

I just don't know if I can deal with the confrontation.
        I feel the same way but I don't care about what people think. I need to do what's best for my health.

Comment

I have a hanging tag for both mine and my hubby's car. It works fine for my purpose of getting in and out with my walker or scooter and being close to the door. I can go independently now to the grocery, or out shopping. I have had it a few years.

Lisa
          Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
          SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
          Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X