LP-No Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LP-No Problem!

I had my LP this morning. I figured I'd post because I looked for input about them before I got the procedure done. The nurses and Dr's were extra nice. They explained the whole thing to me & it happened exactly how they said. They used the X-Ray to find the right spot. Then numbed it which felt like a pinch. Then some pressure and a tingling sensation went through my right leg.

He said it would be felt in either the back or legs but no one is the same. Then took the fluid and had me lay flat at the hospital in the outpatient rooms for 4 hours, checking my BP and Oxygen levels every 30 minutes and gave me cokes & water to drink along with a breakfast. Then they had me sit up & then stand and make sure I didn't have a headache. I did not. They told me not to do anything but go to the bathroom or eat and not even drive for 24 hours. Said to drink 6-8 glasses of any kind of drink for 3 days.

They had me fast before I did this procedure. I hope this helps anyone getting this procedure done!

I'm glad it went smoothly for you!

Did they happen to say anything about why you should fast? I've never heard of that...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

They never did say. And all I ever read about was to drink a lot of water and some caffeine even. But they had me do it after. And everything seems great. The only thing I've had is the dull ache in my back when I stand. I even called to make sure that they also wanted me to fast from fluids.

Comment

This is the first time I've heard about fasting for an LP as well.
        Did they "double you up" for other tests as well as the LP?

Comment

Working...
        X