Baclofen pump on borrowed time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen pump on borrowed time?

I've had my baclofen pump since 2004 and get it filled about once each month. (Currently I receive about 1000 mcg/day.)
    The CNP at my Neurologist is concerned that the battery may run out before too long. The Surgeon who inserted it is no longer with their practice. Does anyone have any suggestions for Surgeons in the Columbus Ohio area?

Hi laina

I would suggest asking your neuro's office to contact the Medtronic rep. The Medtronic rep should be able to suggest a surgeon who installs pumps in your area.

Take Care, Bob

Comment

Hi laina,

Yeah, I can see the urgency in your situation. Don't want to hear that alarm going off. When they give you the read out from your refill, does it give a date for battery replacement? I think they're supposed to last about 7 years.

Here's a link to the medtronics page where you put in your zip and they show the docs that deal with the pump.

http://www.medtronic.com/patients/se...port/index.htm

But you need a surgeon, doesn't your NP know what neurosurgeon now specializes in the pump surgeries in your area?

Where I am, one neurosurgeon seems to be the one who does all the implants of the baclofen pump (at least in my city.)

Hope you find the info you need.

Comment

Working...
      X