The cost of Copaxone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cost of Copaxone

My son has been prescribed Copaxzone for his RRMS. We just learned that his insurance company wants $1,200 co- payment for this drug for one month supply!

Are you kidding me? Having done some research on this drug last night, I learned that it costs over $2,500 for one month supply. How can this be so expensive.

How can anyone afford this drug? Especially if a person is no longer able to work due to MS. I am just blown away by this. I wonder what the other medicines for MS cost?

Any input on this is appreciated. We are just trying to accept this recent diagnosis and now this hurdle. Wow!

The MS medications all seem to be very expensive. However, most, if not all, pharma companies offer financial assistance.

Copaxone does have a financial assistance program you can see if you qualify for:

http://www.sharedsolutions.com/

I hope this helps out the financial burden of the MS medications.
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Ringer1319/RingpOP
    MSWorld Volunteer
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

Comment

Copaxone have a Copay Assistance program and you should call them as below. They may pay it. Keep pushing. They will do a calculation to see if overall they make a profit by paying your deductable.

If they don't, the other medications have more generous programs and you can check them out. But do press Shared Solutions.

Comment

I take copaxone and I talked to shared solutions and they have a program where you will only pay 35 a month just call their 800 number and ask about it :-)

Comment

Co-payment for Copaxzone

Good Morning everyone,
          Thank you for your replies. My son did get approved for the Co-payment of $35.00 a month from Shared Solutions! Thank God! He will have his medicine soon!

Comment

That is so wonderful..I have been on their assistance program for several years. I find Shared Solutions to be a wonderful program.

I hope it all works out well for your family.

j
            Diagnosed with MS spring 2010; Still loving life

Comment

Working...
            X