Will procedure cause a relapse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will procedure cause a relapse?

I have had rr ms for 6 yrs now and am doing pretty good except the fatigue. I wanted to get a procedure done a little area of liposuction and they use something called tumescent lipo you are awake and they inject something in the area so you feel no pain, my question is, is it likely to have a relapse if i get this done?

Lipo/relapse?

I've had the whole shebang in the last six months. Started w a full tummy tuck which is major surgery in itself. While in the recovery room, I had an arterial bleed that required I be rushed back into surgery!! Finished up my now-flat belly w lipo 2 months ago.

I had what I believe to be a small flair in between the tuck and the lipo, but I was under severe family stress unlike any I had seen before. I was blissfully unaware because I hadn't been diagnosed yet. No way to tell whether one was related to the other anyway.

One more thought....I'm thrilled w my results and , if u decide to have the procedure, I wish u the best!!
    Dx 3/4/12. Tec X 2 as of 7/7/13
    Weebles wobble and occasionally they DO fall down!

Comment

Plastic Surgery and MS

I have had 2 major breast reconstruction surgeries in the last year after a bout with breast cancer. I was diagnosed with RRMS about 6 1/2 years ago. I have not had any MS flares since my diagnosis - not even after the mastectomy or the reconstruction surgeries. All my surgeries were done under general anesthesia. My surgical recoveries have been perfectly normal. Of course, surgery of any type is a stress on the body and could potentially trigger a flare. I can only speak for myself, but I have been lucky and not had any problems. Not everyone will be able to say that.

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with the procedure.

Comment

Working...
      X