Rebif & feeling crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif & feeling crazy?

I've been on Rebif for a few months and have been experiencing pretty frequent depression and an increase in emotional outbursts. Ive suffered from this in the past before i new i had MS but it was controllable. Now it is not! I get angrier faster, have mood swings, or just plain get more emotional than I used to before the Rebif. It's driving me crazy. Sometimes I feel like the Rebif is making me lose my mind! When I get stressed out lately I just explode! I even almost got in a lot of trouble because of it.. also, I guess im somewhat anxious.. Please help!!! has this happened to anyone?
    DX:1/6/12 "Bad becomes better when worse happens."

I hear you. I have been on Rebif since last September . I wasn't this tired before my diagnosis so I am attributing this to the meds.Also, my neuro put me on Wellbutrin because he thought I was depressed. Not to sure it's helping-I seem to get angry over many things.
    I had an appt. with my PCP last week and he told me something interesting. He is also an oncologist and said he sometimes uses interferon with cancer patients and the incidence of depression is very high.
    I am physically tolerating the Rebif now and am doing well but am in a quandry as to whether the depression is worth the price. I mentioned switching to another non-interferon if it persists. So,what I am doing is holding out until my July appt. at the Brigham MS center and getting their opinion.
    I feel the Rebif is working,esp. since my MRI 4 months after initial diagnosis showed no changes and I really don't want to start over with a new one.
    Well, that's my experience--hope it helps, although I seemed to sound really indecisive myself.

GiGi

Comment

Rebif has been associated with depression and suicide ideation in some patients - they're listed by Pfizer (the manufacturer) as the more serious side effects. You should definitely let your neuro know about this and see if maybe another DMD will be better for you.

Hope you find something soon that will help!
      Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
      UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

Working...
      X