Tried copaxone & Betaseron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried copaxone & Betaseron

I have tried copaxone and had to get off of that because of a bad allergic reaction. I'm now on Betaseron and my dr is trying to get me off of it because of its effects on me. I didn't believe it was that bad until Friday. I'm in another relapse and my whole left side is numb and I can barely walk. He said my next option is tysabari. Is there not anything else out there I can suggest?
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

I would go with the Ty myself, at least until BG12 comes out. In the meantime, maybe try malic acid and see if you can get a script for LDN.

Comment

There is Gelenya as well.

Comment

Ldn

I have never heard of ldn. What is it? I'm scared of tysbari, but more scared of Gilenya. I'm just still scared of ms honestly. 7 months and no recovery and steadily getting worse. I know it's all in Gods hands so I must keep the faith. I just can't get under control. My spasticity is a killer and they keep raising my baclofen but it seems the more I take, the more spasms I have. It's like it's having the opposite effect. Maybe I'm a strange person

Comment

What was your allergic reaction to Copaxone? My hands and feet are so incredibly itchy I can't stand it. Benadryl no help. Curious if that's a side effect or allergic reaction.
          There are no problems, only solutions. - John Lennon

Comment

Reaction

I was terribly itchy, but more than that, I started off having hives just on my thigh injections. I took Benadryl and those went away. Then I stopped the thigh injections, but started getting hives everywhere. Then they started me on Betaseron. Now I have blinding migraines, loss of depth perception, trouble walking, along with increased weakness and spasticity and many other issues. I have bad issues with medications though.

The Benadryl always helped with any copaxone reaction I had. You might want to call shared solutions. Good luck to you

Comment

Oh wow. Thanks. Yah I thought I was crazy to think the two were connected. I tried Betaseron also in 2005 and experienced your same issues. We'll find one that works!
              There are no problems, only solutions. - John Lennon

Comment

Meds

I sure hope so

Comment

Working...
                X