Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawal symptoms-Betaseron

Hello, All:

Well, my neuro and I decided to go on Tysabri.

There is a wash-out period where I stop taking Betaseron (on it for 7 years) before I start taking Tysabri.

Have any of you gone through a wash-out or withdrawal from Betaseron? Did you have any symptoms of withdrawal?

I feel like I'm catching hell right now.

Thanks,

Mtngl

Believe your own truth. Dx 2004. Currently Tecfidera and Ampyra.

I have been on Betaseron for 6 years......and I am taking a "shot vacation" ( with my neuro's knowledge) which I started a week ago.

So far I have more energy than I have had in 6 years. I still have all my little quirks of numbness, and spasms BUT I have energy and do not feel like I have a hangover everyday !!!!
    The eye I had optic neuritis in is feeling a little funky......I am seeing my neuro next week......

I would be interested in knowing if anyone else has the "hangover" feeling from Betaseron.

Good luck on Tysabri,

Comment

I have taken a "shot vacation" in the past for a few weeks with no repurcussions. No withdrawal, no negative side-effects when I restarted.

But ... I think your body's reaction will depend on how you react to the drug - if you have side effects you may be more likely to have withdrawal IMHO.
      DX 10/2008
      Beta Babe 12/2008-07/2013
      Tecfidera 07/2013-01/2018
      Aubagio 01/18-09/20

Ocrevus 09/20-present

Comment

Working...
      X