Avonex and Spacticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex and Spacticity

I was just wondering if having these intra muscular injections can exacerbate my spacticity in my left leg, hip and arm. Those are 3 places I do my shots. I have already said I can't take the shots in my left arm b/c of how much pain I am already in.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this with their medication.

Hi Kittysmith, I don't have an answer to your question because I'm waiting to start Avonex. I have spasticity in my legs so I can't wait to hear some of the responses.
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

I know it does not improve spasticity--at least in my case.

Comment

Avonex can cause muscle aches and I believe stiffness, if that's what you mean. it's all so hard to tell what's what at the beginning. I just kept going until the side effects went away.

Comment

I have been having some major issues with spasticity in my right thigh and hip since the begining of March. I have been avoiding that leg until it isn't quite so..... excruciating maybe?

I am on Avonex also. When I do my injections, I use the top of the thigh and the spot on the side, no hip shots though. My DH has been giving me shots in my arms. I do throw in one or 2 on the left leg though.

Good luck and I hope it eases up for you. Are you doing any therapy for it?

Comment

Thank you for your responses. I guess I'm just looking for a reason I'm in so much pain. I try to stretch every day. Doesn't always help, but I feel like I'm doing something to try to make it ease up.

Avonex probably has nothing to do with it, but I just started thinking about taking shots over and over in the same places.

The spacticity in my arm is sometimes unbearable. My leg always gives out if I stand too long or walk too much.

Never thought I'd have all these issues at 43, but you never know what karma is sending your way.

Comment

Working...
            X