Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get so SLEEPY you can't stay awake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get so SLEEPY you can't stay awake?

I get spells where I can't stay awake my eyes even cross or roll around in my head I have to sleep right then .

It's very scary when I'm driving I just pull over an sleep but it happens During meals at movie theater etc and I can't shake it off my daughter tried to wake me and I just could'nt wake up at 10:30 am .

Today I had to fight to get up at 11;00 am It's ridiculous could I be having a flare since this has really picked up the past 2 or 3 weeks?
    Tammy
    A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
    (unknown)

Are you on any medications? Sometimes it happens from that. For example Neurontin knocks me out like that.

Comment

Yes I do that all the time. I believe it's my meds.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

I also have done this and it is from my meds.
        I was actually falling asleep at work while standing up, if I stopped moving I was sleeping.I had a few nights that I had to redo my paperwork at work because I wrote some pretty silly things on my papers because I had fallen asleep while writing, and actually wrote things from what I was dreaming.
        I completely understand the eyes crossing and rolling around in your head, this is exactly how mine was.
        I visited my neuro after 3 nights like this at work, in a complete panic. 2 weeks prior we had a lady get walked out because they caught her asleep.
        My neuro gave me a prescription for Adderall and it has been a God send for me.
        DX 10/26/11

Comment

Absolutely Babe!

I struggled with staying awake for many years. My GP finally prescribed Modafinil (Provigil) 4 months ago and my whole life has turned around. Bear in mind it doesnt work for everyone.

I would give it a go tho. I wake up exhausted and then take my modafinil - in 30 minutes im wide awake, get up and can carry out normal stuff like working, housework and fun. It's saved my life amd my sanity - give it a try and I hope it help you as much as its helped me :-) xxx

Comment

Thank you so much I'm callin my neuro monday an see if it's ok for me to take something to keep me awake . I did'nt realize there were several meds you can take for that . Tammy
            A friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails .
            (unknown)

Comment

You should check out the resource page here. There is a section that gives you the different meds for the symptoms. I put them in my phone to discuss with my Dr next time. The meds make me the same way. They were listed under fatigue but will help with the drowsiness from the meds.

Comment

I have got to where I am the same way. Just want to sleep all the time but I do not fall asleep doing things. Have you ever had a sleep study? Might not be a bad idea. May not be what's wrong cause I wear a c pap and still sleepy during the day but can't get sleepy at night!!

Comment

sleep-out

I get that "knocked-out" feeling, too. But my dr. perscribes meds so I can sleep at night because of the horriffic leg and foot cramps...it's like a haunted house at our house sometimes! lol

But do you think it's also ok to have something in the am to wake you up and then the meds at night to let you sleep? (gee.....sounds like what got Elvis.... uh, thank yuh....thank yuh vrrry musch...)

Comment

I went thru the dunkin donuts drive through and was falling asleep waiting. I got my drink and pulled into a spot to take a "quick nap". 4 hours later I woke up.

Now I take Provigil which is what keeps me in the work force. Without it, I would not be able to work...I would sleep my life away.
                    Jodi
                    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". Maya Angelou

Comment

UGH!!! Story of my LIFE!! I sleep, sleep, sleep. I sleep a full nights sleep, then I can sleep almost all day too. My house is a mess!! I wish I could just do more than the bare minimum. GRRRR. Me and neuro are gonna have a chat.
                      Love, Laugh, Live...in this order
                      Dx'd 2-24-11 - Baclofen 60 mg/day 5-11, LDN 4.5 mg/day 9-24-11, Cymbalta 60mg/day for pain 11-11

Comment

Did you see your Neuro Tam and Waht was the outcome?

Hi Tam,
                        I've been thinking about your post a lot since I first saw it. Did you see your neuro and did they give you any meds to help?
                        Sorry be a clucky mother hen!!!
                        Love'n'hugs
                        Rae

Comment

I get the same way...

I get that same way, so I also wonder what the outcome was at your appt.

My cousin just got over the epstein barr virus (whatever it is called: Mono) and she was falling asleep at work, actually anywhere. She was prescribed Nuvigil which is a narcalepsy drug. It was her saving grace. I think that drug is with the Provigil others mentioned.

I am mentioning it at my next neuro appt to see what he says.

Good luck and hope you got something that helps!

Comment

As others have mentioned, my medication does that. Well.. my medication and heat. Fatigue does not typically make me "want" to just sleep in the way you explained. Fatigue just makes me not have energy to do things and sometimes causes me to want to sleep. But it never "pulls" me into an uncontrollable sleep.

But my (now nightly) medication has caused me to wake up even more tired. It was as though I took Benadryl as soon as I woke up and then it lasts for most of the day. I had to make the decision to stop taking the Neurontin during the day unless the pain was unbearable.

Comment

Before we get started, let's get one thing straight: this isn't going to be a cakewalk. When you're really tired, working is tough no matter what you do. That said, there are ways to help make the day easier and actually get things done. You're not going to feel bright and cheery, but you can avoid turning into a zombie. We've looked at quick fixes for feeling tired, but in this post we're going to examine what you can do to help yourself during the entire day. Essentially, your goal will be to give yourself extra energy and avoid behaviors that will make your exhaustion worse. With a little bit of effort you'll be able to avoid passing out.

Comment

Working...
                              X