No guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No guide.

There just isn't any guideline to how this miserable disease will effect you, is there?

I have been reading this site for two years, and it is so different for everyone. There just isn't any advice you can follow, because it will be different with you.

I have had a steady decline since my Dx. No RR shown, although that is what I was told I had.
    I believe I am PP, but will continue Ty on the chance it might be helping in some way.

There just is no template to follow.

Nope. Its the old cliche: the most predictable thing about MS is that it is unpredictable. I hope things get better for you....or stop getting worse....

Comment

You are so right and it is so frustrating. I have so many new symptoms come and go they no longer worry me. Having had less than a month of remission in over three years , I figure rr means relapsing,relapsing.
      Like you , I figure if there is a chance Betaseron is helping I will continue.

Comment

Oh, but not knowing where we're going, or when we'll get there is half the fun.
        It's like one of those el cheapo mystery flights. A very long one, with lots of turbulence, and we're not too sure about the competence of the flight crew.

Of course, none of us willingly booked a ticket and none of us are too thrilled to be on the plane.

Hopefully some of us won't mind the destination.
        Personally, I don't recall ever wanting to go to the airport, and I'd like a parachute.

There, exhausted the analogy in the end. (But not the smilies.)

I hope Tysabri does you some good and you start feeling better.

Comment

Well since I don't feel like typing it again...here's the rant i just posted about the same subject on the thread about lesion size/load. (isn't cut and paste handy )

To this day, I think my main issue with MS (and it's not the doctor's fault, just the nature of the disease) is that they hand you a pill, or pills, and say try this...when it comes to a symptom. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it makes the symptom worse

They put you on a DMD and say, let's see if this one works. Sometimes the DMD helps, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it makes you worse.

There isn't a plan of treatment, there can't be a plan of treatment because everyone's "flavor" of MS is slightly different. As opposed to diseases, where they say, first we do this, then we do that, then xyz will happen, but if abc happen, this is what we'll do....like they've figured out the sequence and what to do when such and such happens. MS just isn't one of those kinds of diseases, and being a bit of a control freak, it drives me bonkers sometimes.

Comment

Yeah - MS is like the weather in these modern days of climate change~~

Think of the nation as one complicated body:

Too "cold" in places - spasticity
            Too "hot" in places - weakness and fatigue
            Too stormy - nervous system gone haywire
            Too calm (yeah, but just wait)
            Destruction in places not normally seen before!!
            Central nervous system (forecasters) can't predict the outcome with precision, but only reminders to take cover!!

I;m sure there's more, but my brain is a bit "foggy" right now.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Sparky 10...Sheldon Cooper a great analogy; intend to use it often. Hope you don't mind...

Comment

Working...
              X