Xanax xr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xanax xr

I'd like to hear from anyone who has taken Xanax XR for their anxiety/panic attacks. I'm just starting it and would like to know what to expect.

Regular Xanax works fine for me, but it doesn't last long so the neuro is trying this. I really hate taking any meds so I can't see myself staying with it for long.

Thanks
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

I have tried Xanax before but never tried Xanax xr. Does it suppose to last longer in your system? I am assuming that it may work the same as regular xanax but stays in your system longer.

I take a small dose ativan to help with my muscle tightness - to help me to try and relax.. Some days it seems to help ok...some days it don't do anything. As the Neuro nurse told me Ativan is more so for anxiety than for tight/stiff muscles.

Ms. Jay

Comment

short term vs long term use

Benzodiazapines (xanax, xanax xr, ativan, valium, librium, klonopin etc etc) are a potentially dangerous (in my opinion) group of drugs. There are lots of great short term uses for these drugs such as occasional insomnia, occasional anxiety, muscle spasms, pre-surgical sedation, alcohol withdrawal (benzos work on the very same area of the brain as alcohol so as a taper it can keep a person from going into seizures).

BUT benzodiazapines are addictive (just like alcohol) and withdrawal can be horrible and prolonged. If you have any addiction issues or a close family member does I would be very careful. Part of addiction is the body needing higher doses to achieve the same theraputic result (tolerance) that is a red flag.

I would not rule out benzos if the dr they were my best/last bet but they would never be my first choice.
      M.
      A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I used to take just regular Xanax, but changed to Klonopin (Clonazapam).
        My reason was $$.
        Since Xanax is so closely monitored and at the time was more expensive, I changed.

Comment

Working...
        X