question about IVIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about IVIG

does anyone know about this? can anyone give me any info about what it is and if it works for MS???

Any help would be awesome!!!
    Thank you so much

IVIG is not a drug. It is Intravenous immunoglobulin. It is the pooled antibodies extracted from the plasma of over 1,000 donors.

I've been on monthly IVIG infusions for a little over a year. I "flunked" Rebif, Copaxone & Tysabri, so this was pretty much my only choice, for now.

IVIG seems to be keeping my MS in check. I haven't had a flare since starting it.

It is "off label" for MS. So, if you are thinking of taking it you may have to appeal to your insurance company for coverage. I did.

Be well,

Comment

I like Karen get IVIG infusions once monthly. I built-up and the bodies to Ty, Avonex, and I'm on my way to building them up to Copaxone. I am not a candidate gilenya, because of an existing heart issue. My last MRI was unchanged from the previous MRI. So it would appear that it's working.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I have been on IViG for almost 6 years now. I did have a year off 3 years ago because of insurance, but did get back on, I was having the IVs every 2 weeks at 30gs each time.
        I had to go off for 6 months, my body did not like it, so we had to give my body a rest. I have started back on it at 60gs weekly for 6 weeks. Then it is a wait and see. Maybe back to every two weeks. I had a couple of minor flares while on IViG. Since March I have been in a very bad flare. It helps me very much. I get more energy and am able to do more. I am hoping it will help this flare.
        Good luck with it. I hope it does the same for you as it does me.
        SgrammieD

Comment

Working...
        X