Don't know what to do!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what to do!!

Over the past few months I have been only able to work average 32-37 hours a week. I have probably one of the easiest jobs (physically) that can be done. I an appointment scheduler and I sit at a computer all day and type in information.

My fatigue is getting worse I am taking Nuvigil 250 just increased last week.

In the past few weeks while doing a routine MRI new lesions were found although no symptoms really other than fatigue increased. Since the 3day infusion and 6day dose pack I have missed 5days of the last 10 days. I am having all over numbness and I feel like my whole body is on delay I am confused, mixing up whole words and reading somethings but saying something completely different.

work ask me about trying to get disability and states she would be a witness to my job function! Although I cannot afford to cutback to 24 hours a week to see "if" I might SSI. Which last week my Dr didn't feel i needed, yet.

Can I go about getting other opinions or what should I do. I am at a loss and we just got caught back up on bills from my time off last year. Any advice would be great!!!

**Post broken into paragraphs by Moderator for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print.**

That's totally wrong, I mean one should give proper justice towards your work which you are not giving.

Comment

Contact your MS doc to report the situation with your employer. Your employer feels your performance is not up to satisfactory standards, and your absences are not earning you awards either. Your employer is paying your salary, not your doc. Regardless if your doc feels you are there yet or not, your employer feels otherwise.

Apply in writing from HR for FMLA, Family and Medical Leave Act, which allows you 12 weeks per year of unpaid medical leave for you or a sick family member, while your job is protected. FMLA applies to employers with 50 or more employees, in 20 or more workweeks per year.

Any eligible paid time off like vacation pay can be used during FMLA leave. The leave can be taken incrementally through out the year. You can use it as needed for doc visits, MRI, fatigue flare up's, etc., for up to the 12 weeks per year in addition to regular time off, like vacation and regular sick leave.

Apply for STD, LTD, SSDI benefits, anything you will need and are eligible for in the event your recovery is delayed for a longer period of time than you or anyone can predict.

I hope you are feeling better, recover very soon and return to work.

Best of luck.

Comment

STD & LTD...

A word of caution concerning STD & LTD pre-existing condition exclusions, look back periods, waiting periods and eligibility periods for STD and LTD coverage.

Verify that you have met each of the above Insurance Policy conditions prior to applying for benefits or filing a claim for benefits.

Comment

Ask about intermittent leave too with you HR people
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

Working...
          X