Is there a way to donate my Copaxone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a way to donate my Copaxone...

I was wondering if there was a group or something that I could donate my Copaxone to. I am switching to Avonex because of the skin reactions are too bad for me. The pharmacy sent a 90 day supply but I only used it for 30 days. It so expensive and seems like such a waste to just throw it out. It's been stored in the refrigerator the entire time. I hate to waste it when there are people who can't pay for it. Is there any organizations who may take it?

Please keep in mind MSWorld Guidline #8:

8. PRESCRIPTION ITEMS: It is illegal to transfer prescription items such as medication or devices for injecting medication to someone other than the person for whom the prescription was written. Members are not allowed to offer to give or sell prescription medicines, devices, or any other types of prescriptions to others via MSWorld.

That being said, you may want to call your local NMSS chapter or your neurologist's office. Sometimes they use donated meds for training / demonstration.

Be well,

Comment

Thanks I will try to see if they can use it. I just didn't want to just throw it out. I didn't know if the Dr would take it or a group who may help people who aren't able to afford their prescriptions. I just wanted to ask so I wasn't just throwing it away and I didn't know of some alternative to help if I could.

Comment

I am not suggesting you do anything illegal - trouble is the last thing most of us need. I am suggesting that when I am determined about figuring out how to keep something from going to waste I can be pretty creative. The fact that you want to share what you have warms my heart.
        M.
        A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Good for you, Kenya! I hate wastefulness, and that would bug me, too. The fact is, you would have to dispose of it appropriately, you can't just throw prescription meds out....may as well try to find a useful second life for it!

I am driving my styrofoam coolers the copaxone comes in over to the 'worm guy' by the lake. I hope he wants them.
          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
          X