Cognitive Re-Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cognitive Re-Training

Has anyone ever had cognitive re-training? I have memory, concentration, organization and processing issues (among others). Was it effective and how expensive?

I just spoke with my psych about this last week when I asked about having a neuropsych eval done. He indicated that about the only reason for having a neuropsych eval done was to help file for disability...whereas I want to have a baseline eval to be able to measure any future changes.

He did suggest the cognitive retraining. What he shared was that it is not that easy to find professionals who do this; it's not always covered by insurance; and it can be pricey. But, his explanation of the process was quite intriguing. I would check with your insurance first to see if they will cover this.

Comment

Not cognitive training, but have you ever looked into Alpha GPC? Alpha GPC (glycerylphosphorylcholine) is a supplement that has been used for memory problems.

Alpha-GPC Research

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic...-gpc-research/

Glycerylphosphorylcholine is a drug prescribed in Europe to treat neurological disease. It is sold in the United States as a dietary supplement to protect against age-related brain deterioration and memory loss.

Another supplement worth researching is Acetyl L Carnitine (ALCAR) which has demonstrated improvement brain function. Most people take it with Alpha Lipoic Acid, which increases energy and may even slow down MS progression (google: alpha lipoic acid multiple sclerosis).

Comment

What about contacting a local university with a robust psychology department? At my school, we have neuropsychologists that are not just researchers and profs but are practicing as well. Hope you find what you're looking for!
        Dx RRMS 2008/Kesimpta Feb 2023
        UNbalanced Dog Trainer - Accredited pet dog training instructor

Comment

I have tried playing "brain games" online, one example is Lumosity.com ... cost me $75 for a year full access but i think it has helped me significantly... you can sign up for a free trial and see if you think it might help

Comment

Working...
          X