Injections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injections

When I started my injections, I chose auto. Then one day I manually gave it in my stomach at 30%. I weigh 100 lbs. so not much fat!

The nurses who called me to check up on me asked if I was hydrated and I said yes. But then I got to thinking, I drink a bottle of water when I get blood drawn, why not drink a bottle of water before giving the injection. I am drinking 20 + oz of water before I give it @ 5:00.

That starts my happy hour! I have found that the bee sting doesn't last as long, the goose egg welt is smaller, not as tender and my itching has ceased! I am 59 and if I have to do this for the rest of my life, I want to ease this.

The next thing I am going to try is using a vibro/massager on the lumps. Will let you know! I have been on copaxone for 4 mo. I give all injections auto except the stomach. Make sure you are hydrated!**post edited by Moderator to break into paragraphs for easier reading! many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print**

thanks for the tip Gay W...I hate these injections (been 17 1/2 years) but seems to be working for me (knock on wood!!)

good luck to you
    Susan......... Beta Babe since 1994....I did improve "What you see depends on where you're standing" from American Prayer by Dave Stewart

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion! I never thought about being dehydrated so last night before my shot I made sure to drink a couple of glasses of water. So far, so good...that's one area that I haven't had as much of a reaction from.

I'm going to try the vibrating massager as well. I'm getting to the end of week four on Copaxone and in the last week, I started to notice red welts re-appearing at injection sites 2-3 days after injection and lasting a few days as well as welts that I didn't have before.

Comment

Just tried a vibrating massager on my prior injection sites...it's one of those as seen on tv Dolphin massagers. I tried it on my arms, legs, and hips. For the most part, where the lumps didn't completely go away, they are much smaller and the areas either don't feel bruised any more or feel significantly less bruised.

I would wait 24 hours after the injection though to do this...not sure really how long you should wait, but I like to give my body the chance to absorb on its own as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by woodstock View Post
          Just tried a vibrating massager on my prior injection sites...it's one of those as seen on tv Dolphin massagers. I tried it on my arms, legs, and hips. For the most part, where the lumps didn't completely go away, they are much smaller and the areas either don't feel bruised any more or feel significantly less bruised.

I would wait 24 hours after the injection though to do this...not sure really how long you should wait, but I like to give my body the chance to absorb on its own as much as possible.
          Updated...what felt good last night, by this morning while the lumps are considerably smaller, I still have the bruised feeling when I press on my injection spots.

Comment

Swipes

I have quit using the alchol swipes. I wipe the area with a damp paper towel & dry it. Then I apply heat for 5 min. and inject. I am having luck with this.

Comment

Working...
            X