Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly Dx, considering Copaxone - Thoughts on injection time of day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with Mark

I do my shot right after I get out of the shower in the morning. I'm all clean and have no problems with the shot

Comment

I've been doing Copaxone for 2 years now. I give it in in the evenings when I think of it, usually about the time I want to go sit in the hot tub. I'll give myself the shot, then run right out to the tub!

I never use the alcohol, and once in a blue moon, I'll forget! It all seems to work out okay.
      Brenda
      Adversity gives you two choices in life: either let it make you bitter, or let it make you better! I choose the latter.

Comment

I'm a morning person.
        Injecting in the morning is what works for me.

I tried for a while to inject at night to sleep through the itches, etc, but found sometimes I was too fatigued to inject, so I'd skip.
        Plus, that was during the days of mixing the med into the saline, so I didn't have time before work.

So, knowing who I am, now I inject in the morning just before brushing my teeth.
        That way I know I will take my medicine.

Comment

I inject first thing in the morning - shower, then inject. And since I've just washed with soap, I don't use alcohol swabs. I found that the alcohol increases the injection site reactions.

Comment

My Shared Solutions nurse was kind of aggressive about convincing me to take the shots in the morning after my shower. I somehow knew that evenings would be better for me. I stuck to my guns, and I am glad.

When I give myself my 8 pm shot, I make sure I buttoned down my evening tasks first. I also change into a comfy outfit. I set up my 'tools': cotton ball, alcohol swabs, self-injector, etc. I get my freezer gel back and wash my hands. I 'shoot' myself and relax on my bed in a sitting up position and wait for the weird woozy, dizzy feeling to pass while I ice the area. It's a nice time to catch up on news or whatever.

Before packing my 'tools' away, I set my self-injector depth setting for tomorrow's injection site. I love being prepared and I realize it is humorous that I prep my stuff in advance.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

The first few weeks i did mine in the early afternoon because i hate needles and it was nice to "get it over with" currently i do it at night time but i find it much easier to skip a dose because i "dont feel like it" Early afternoon works fine for me....but i guess it really depends on what works for you good luck!

Comment

Working...
              X