Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rebif 44 mcg..... now anemic and thyroid is off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebif 44 mcg..... now anemic and thyroid is off?

My current delema is I've been on Rebif for 1 1/2 year now.

this past year my heart has been irregular (thought it was anxiety), after having a monitor for a month my primary Dr said it was Brachicardia (something everyone has???) is nothing of concern(he is blowing this off). I have had anxiety in my past but I really believe the health problems I'm experiencing are causing the anxiety,mood swings (like my heart not being right) I truly believe the body is a whole and my body is affecting my mind more than vice versa? I feel like the Dr isn't taking me serious at times and like maybe he's guessing- they're all just guessing! its frustrating. I'm constantly researching but am trying not to freak out either.

January a weight gain of 5-7 lbs (I thought this was my normal little "holiday/winter gain" which usually goes away. It did not. In February I started having tingling numbness in hands/arm followed by severe joint pain in all my joints and swelling in hands and feet. I since then have Raynauds syndrome now very bad as well. I still get shortness of breath more noticeable in afternoon. I also notice a mood change as well.

went to my neuro thinking it was MS symptoms he gave me perscription for lodine(anti inflammatory) he didn't think it had to do with my MS or medicine, he said my MS looked good on my last MRI so... he sent me to a rheumotologist.

rheumotolgist said she could only treat my symptoms could be a virus doesn't know whats wrong with me, follow up in 6 weeks. both Drs do not want me to stop rebif.

My primary said I was anemic and slightly hyper thyroid back in October last year but never told me (this really pissed me off)

today I'm anemic and hypo thyroid (explains the weight gain) he and I both think this could be from rebif as do the nurses I speak to from rebif. I do have a strong family history of thyroid disease on my mothers side. Mother, cousin, aunt, and grandmother. I'm 39 and other than the MS dx am in excellent shape and eat very well. My primary Dr also does not want me to stop rebif his thoughts are.... you may be anemic because of rebif but its not a good enough reason to stop since its helping your MS.

joint pain??? my grandmother had RA my blood test was negative for RA I was 10 but why this joint pain and Raynauds all the sudden???

any thoughts out there on this? I will have more bloodwork next week. My concern is the rebif. Isn't switch meds going to be just as harmful? I don't want to not have the MS medicine. Is there a better medicine? They will all have a negative affect of some kind, NO?

I mean the Drs don't want me to stop what I'm doing for now. Yet I feel the only way to know what is causing these problems is to stop, yet I don't want to not have the protection the rebif has given me. I also feel like what is the point in switching meds? won't they all have some harmful effect?

I'm probably also a bit delusional I'm 39 feel like a 20 something years old still( I don't ever want to grow up!) I'm only 5'2" I've been 110 for the last 15 years or so, until now... exercise, eat well, etc. I am very in denial about all this health crap that has happened to me.

For now I juice a lot with my vitamixer I supplement with Sunrider products... vitaspray(B complex spray), JOI (joint herbs),lifestream (circulatory),primeagain (endocrine), Nuplus & Quinary(all systems tonic) drink lots of water. Also, Evergreen(chlorophyll from alfalfa)

what else???? what else can I do?
    moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Well it is a personal thing whether or not to stay on a dmd. I got iron deficiency (ferritin of 6, but did not get to the point of being anemic) from what I believed was the interferons 4 years ago and stopped even though my neurologist kept peddling the dmds. My iron levels slowly came back up after quitting, faster when I improved my diet.

My health is better now than it was on the interferons and I am certainly happier not having to deal with it. I will go back on a drug if they ever find anything that has real obvious benefit not the ah it may or may not slow the progression we will never know.

Difficult question we are all different, good luck with your decision.

Comment

Working...
    X