Tried copaxone again, but it's a no go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried copaxone again, but it's a no go

So I felt guilty about giving up on copaxone.....

I was off for a few months, and thought I'd give it another try. I've been on it since 2007 and had a racing heart on and off and severe anxiety attacks. I kept injecting though until a few months ago.

This week I decided to give it another try, because I have three months worth sitting in my fridge and I felt guilty.

Well don't you know, the palpitations and heart racing are back and I had two panic attacks at work this week.

I see my neuro on Monday....I just have to tell him that I'm done with it. It's just not feasible any longer. I am not crazy and I know the effects this is having on me. I tried the beta blocker to calm down my heart, and it does work to some extent...oh and it added 20 pounds to the scale as well.

And that's my vent...I just wanted it to work this time.

I really need BG12 to hit the market.
    Dx 06/07
    Copaxone

I hope you no longer feel guilty! If it's not working for you, and it's making you actively ill, it's best to find another drug.

Comment

Sunshyne, you tried. That's all you can do.

Don't feel guilty, it's not like you bought a closet full of fancy dresses and never went to any parties.

I think you made the right choice by putting the kebosh on it.
      Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Thanks...I hope it's the right thing...I'd sure hate to end up in a flare and think I could have prevented it...ugh
        Dx 06/07
        Copaxone

Comment

Working...
        X