any ideas for anti-depressants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any ideas for anti-depressants?

i have been on a interferon for one month and was diagnosed in 1/12. my depression has become pretty severe. i have been on prozac 20 mg for the last 5 years but it is not helping with my ms.

i was wondering if anyone has any rx suggestions?

thanks for viewing.

celexa

celexa 20 mg works good for me i hope you find something that helps!

Comment

My Doctor recommends Celexa as it has the lowest side effect profile in her opinion.

I was on that years ago, but I have been on Cymbalta for the last 2 years and that work brilliantly for me. Also helps neuropathic pain so has a bonus!

Comment

buproprion can be added to existing meds and works nicely. It also may help with fatigue and mental clarity.

I don't know how much you have recovered, but exercise is better than anything for depression.

Comment

I take 50 mg of sertraline, and it has smoothed things out.
          Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

I think it is natural to be depressed after learning you have MS. I was prescribed an anti-depressant (Pristiq, if I am spelling it right), but never took it. Such drugs scare me as you never know how you are going to react to them, and it is just one more drug going into your body.

I realize the taking of such drugs is a personal decision, but for me I was uncomfortable with it. I mean, with or without the drug, I still will have the illness and I still have to face up to it. Might as well have as clear a head as I can, given the cog fog already makes things dicey at times!

Comment

I take 55mg of celexa a day...and i take 75 mg of wellbutrin twice a day.....seems to work

Comment

I had major issues with depression when on an interferon. That is one reason I switched to c. Before diagnosis, I had a pretty major bout of postpartum depression and cymbal tea helped.
                Melody
                Diagnosed 1/28/10

Comment

Working...
                X