Weird shot night~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird shot night~

Been on copaxone for about 2 months now. Shot nights usually go by pretty well except for a few times, but tonight was different. I got the needle in and went to push on plunger and it gave a little resistance, no biggy, then it burned like I just stuck a lit match to my skin.

I was only able to get maybe a fourth of the med in and the plunger wouldnt go any farther. Before I injected I didnt feel any lumps, there were no welts or bruising. Anyone else experience this or something similiar? Im just alittle stumped on what happend.

Were you using the autoject or self-injecting?

Comment

Self inject. I dont use the autoject.

Comment

When I was on Copaxone this happened to me a few times but I was using the autoject. I called Shared Solutions to let them know what was going on.
        "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
        Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Comment

I had the same issue a couple of times with the autoject and called shared solutions. They sent me a new autoject but it did the same thing.

After I talked to them again they said it might be from using the same spot at the same area to soon. So I now try to make sure that I always move at least 2 inches away from the spot I used the week before. So far I have not had anymore issues.

Hope that makes sense and hope it helps.

Comment

I've experienced the itchy burning, but not resistance with injection.
            Dx: 2/3/12. 6-8 lesions right medulla/cervical spine. GLATIRAMER ACETATE 40 mg 1/19, medical marijuana 1/18. Modafinil 7/18, Women's multivitamin, Caltrate + D3, Iron, Vitamin C, Super B Complex, Probiotics, Magnesium, Biotin.

Comment

Working...
            X