MSLifelines called for Rebif lot #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSLifelines called for Rebif lot #

Just got a call from MS Lifelines asking for the lot # on my Rebif & asked if it was ok for a quality control person to call me.

Weird??

Rebif and Quality Control

Hmmm. That is an unusual phone call in my opinion. I also take Rebif and have not gotten that call (yet). I can only think that the manufacturer/distributor is investigating some sort of quality control issue. That does not make me feel particularly secure. My dad is an m.d. who use to work for the FDA so rest assured that if I get any such inquiries I will be on the phone with him immediately. You can always go to the FDA website (www.fda.gov) to see if any Warning Letters have been issued.

Please let us know if you get any further inquiries or find out anything. Thanks.

Comment

Rebif and Quality Control

This post really disturbed me so I called my dad (the FDA m.d.) to see what his take on it was. He had 3 ideas:

1. A quality control issue (i.e. too much or too little of the ingredient)
      2. A contamination problem (ie. bacteria)
      3. They are investigating a problem with the distribution of fake drugs. This was suggested because there has been a problem recently with the importation of fake cancer drugs such as Avastin.

He suggested that I give the manufacturer a phone call and "rattle some cages." I said that I would just expect to be lied to. He said that they may be evasive but they cannot outright lie because if something is found during an investigation they would be subject to some stiff penalties. I am pretty good at this sort of thing so I will make the phone call next week. Just wanted to let you know.

Comment

intresting???? i take rebif

they always ask for the # when I call to talk to a nurse for the # on the box

I started having severe joint pain in feb im now anemic and my thyroid is off and I feel it may be due to the rebif? or at least i wonder if i got sick from it, joint pain? a virus maybe? they're just watching me and taking my blood for now
        moment by moment Wendy Rochet

Comment

Working...
        X