Already had my hearing and now....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already had my hearing and now....

Hello. I had my hearing last month on the 16th and My attorney said I was approved but I still have not gotten a phone call from anyone.. Nor have I gotten any letter that I was told I would. How long does it normally take? I NEED to go to the doctor badly right now and can't.
    Because I'm getting SSI My insurance will kick on ASAP. There is no wait.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get that "letter" or is there a number I can call about it?

Thanks so much.
    Dx MS Aug 2010 (after 2 years of searching)
    Started Copaxone Aug. 2010

THANK YOU THANK YOU

For all those who viewed my post, I have an answer_YES!
    Positive Possibilities

Comment

Hello, angelpatch and kittin. Angelpatch, how long did your attorney say it would take? I presume that your attorney received the favorable decision? Did you?

Depending upon whether my clients have just Disability Insurance claims or concurrent Disability Insurance (DIB)/SSI claims, I may tell them to visit their local Social Security office to get the ball rolling, i.e., have Social Security do the interview to determine SSI eligibility.

If it is just a Disability Insurance case, I tell clients that I can take about 4-6 weeks to receive the DIB Notice of Award and past due benefits. Of course, there may be special issues sometimes that can slow things down, e.g., receipt of Worker's Compensation benefits, which SSA must account for so, once again, check with your attorney.

Rich
      Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

Rich, I am still waiting.... I haven't gotten the call I was told I should get (I was told that SSI would call and ask a few questions) and I still do NOT have an Approval letter that I was told I should get in the mail...
        When I call my attorney they just say (I never get to talk to him) "We haven't heard anything but will let you know when we do"....
        I'm stressed and don't understand what's taking so long. I truly NEED the insurance and the money now badly. I am told because it's SSI I will get insurance ASAP and the money as well.
        What else can I do? Ay advice is GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comment

It is interesting that someone said that SSI would ask you a few questions. That can happen after one is approved for benefits (SSI would need to get financial information), but I obviously don't know if this is the case in your claim. Can anyone get more information for you in this regard? Good luck.

Rich
          Attorney Richard Feingold concentrates his law practice in helping disabled individuals obtain the monthly Social Security disability benefits and health insurance that they need to survive. Although based in Chicago, Illinois, Rich helps disability claimants nationwide. He has been answering posts in this forum since June 11, 2003. Twitter handle: @RichFeingold.

Comment

I don't work and haven't in a long time. Therefore after my hearing my attorney said I am approved and that someone would be calling me just to ask about rent.... Stuff like that. I owe my ex rent which is supposed to come from backpay.
            My attorney said we just wait now. But like I said that was back March 16th and now it's almost May.... I am worried and my attorney doesn't seem to have answers but having the assistance say " We haven't heard but will call if we do".

Thanks

Comment

Hi, angelpach. Well, as I am sure you can imagine, I cannot step in to tell you what to do in your claim as I am not representing you. All I can do is share with you what I may counsel my clients who I think are in the same situation as you. And I emphasize "I think," because I do not have all of the facts concerning your claim.

When a client of mine has been approved for Disability Insurance Benefits and/or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, SSA needs to get financial information from them in order to process the SSI claim, which is a needs based claim. This interview is called a PERC interview.

I will often tell clients to proactively visit their local Social Security office to get the ball rolling. Once again, I am not advising you to do that; in fact, I am not advising you to do anything as I am not representing you and there may be special circumstances in your claim of which I am not aware.

I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on the initial good news.

Rich

Comment

Working...
              X